More problems!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More problems!

I can't believe my stupid credit union is doing this to us.
    I had a camper loan ($500 left to pay out of $4000) and a signature loan ($6000) with them when I filed bk, I tried to reaffirm on the camper and discharge the signature loan. They told me that my signature loan was cross-collateralized with the trailer so I had the option to pay them the worth of the trailer $2500 or surrender the property. We decided to surrender it.
    Since we are moving in a couple of weeks, I wanted to take care of the surrender and called them to scheduled everything. I also had 2 car loans in the past with them which were both paid off over a year ago. I wanted for them to sign my title releasing the lean because after I move I won't be able to do this.
    So, now they are telling me that they refuse to sign the lean over on the two paid off vehicles because they think those too are cross-collateralized with the signature loan. Basically they want to take my cars which have been paid off a long time ago.
    Can they do this to me......... I am so upset! I'm on the brink of losing it.
    Edyta...
    Discharged April 2005

Do you have the titles? I wouldn't worry about it even if you don't..! Do you have a lawyer? I would contact the lawyer and ask! My bank is being a b*tch too - I'm going to surrender my car - and I'm looking forward to it!

Comment

Yes I have the titles but there is a stamp on the title which indicates there is a lean holder on the vehicles. They have to sign and release the lean for me to get the title only in my name.
      GOD, I want to scream. I wish I would have never asked them to release those titles right now, they totally didn't think about these paid off vehicles before.
      Edyta...
      Discharged April 2005

Comment

What you need is the original paperwork for the signature loans. You may be able to file a Motion to avoid these liens since they are non-purchase money security interests...

Comment

Here is the catch, I don't have anything in writing about the signature loan. I had an agreement with the Credit Union that allowed me to open up loans over the phone. I don't believe I ever signed anything. I only remember signing draft authorization for monthly payments from my pay.
          This is terrible.
          Edyta...
          Discharged April 2005

Comment

Well, you can always file a Motion with the Court putting the denying the security interest combined with a Motion to Avoid lien (if any) and put the burden on the Bank to come to court and prove its security interest.

First, have you requested documentation of their alleged security interest (do this first)

Comment

A happy turn of events, today we dropped the camper off (surrendered it) at the credit union, they also released my cars from the lien. The lawyers decided that they couldn't have our property after it was paid for, so we jumped on it. I had them sign off on the titles and I closed all my accounts with them righ than and there. Thank God it is over.
              The funny thing is that I took out the signiture loan in the past to pay some credit cards and to pay off one of my car loans early. They never cought wind of it, I'm glad I got one on em'.
              Edyta...
              Discharged April 2005

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X