Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Date Set!!

I wanted to update everyone on my case.

I have filed a Chapter 7 in Michigan and my 341 is scheduled for Feb. 8th at 3pm.

My attorney and his staff have been wonderful and it looks as though everything is in order.

I have a question for all of you though: Should I use PACER?

I know that it can keep me up to date, but I know that it drives many people into worrying about things.

I would like your thoughts.

Thank you so much again to everyone who has shared experiences and comments. I cannot tell you how much it has helped me.

Anyone out there thinking about bankruptcy should definitely check out this site and learn about the process to see if bankruptcy is the right decision for them.

Thanks again all!!

Pacer will allow you to see things happening on your case a couple of days sooner than the notices arrive in the mail. Usually, that is.

The cost is minimal - they only bill you quarterly and then only if you have accumulated $10 in charges at $.08 per page.

Using it gave me a sense of empowerment - I was able to email/communicate with my attorney before he got notices, etc, and helped us schedule time and discussions mo' betta!

But the choice is yours. My advice - if you use it...don't log on and run things down every day. Once/twice a week is cool, more frequently after your objections date has passed.

Comment

I was glad that I used PACER.

I found out everything that I needed to know and my total bill was $3.48. I found out about my discharge and closing on the day they happened.

Comment

I've logged onto pacer a few times but not enough to get charged yet. So far I haven't had a need to look up my case details but I will probably be checking more later on when it gets near the time for it to be discharged.
        Filed Ch. 7 - 11/30/06; 341 meeting 1/10/07; Discharged 3/19/07
        TU: 535

Comment

PACER has given me much peace of mind. Seems nothing is official or even real in this world until it is in a computer system somewhere. If there is a problem in PACER there is a problem with your case. You may trust your attorney, but what about the trustee, clerk? Have your creditors submitted anything in regards to your case? No one cares about your case as much as you do.
          12/12/06 - Filed No Asset Chapter 7 - 85K on CC's
          01/16/07 - 341 drum circle 02/06/07 -US Trustee Review
          03/19/07 - Objection Deadline - 03/21/07 Discharged/Closed
          sigpic

Comment

Loving PACER...

It is such a piece of mind! Our atty called us a few weeks ago and just mentioned if we ever took the final online course. He had to 'check' to see if it was uploaded. Talk about stress! SO I went onto PACER and sure enough, it was 'uploaded and received' just weeks after we filed. (we made sure to do this before the 341 to speed things up)

And can you believe, no phone call back or email back from our atty to verify that it was done. DO we even have an atty? LOL Hope he's just a busy guy.

Comment

After you do an initial check of your Case, you really don't need to run up much in additional charges on PACER.

You can check the main page of your Case for free. Just keep in mind the last date something was filed. If the Last Date of Filing does not change then nothing has happened in your Case. No need to look at the Documents/History.
              Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
              Discharged - 12/2006
              Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
              Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Thanks so much everyone!!! I will probably use Pacer to check on things after I complete my post bk course. Thanks again for all the support and I promise to keep you all updated. This place has been quite a wealth of information and peace of mind.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X