met with lawyer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

met with lawyer

We met with the lawyer this morning and she made everything sound great! I hope she is right. It should be a pretty easy case though as we are easily under the means test and have no assets to worry about. She did say we should try to get filed before my husband gets back to work (from after his accident).

As far as Dell she said we will either have to reaffrim or give the computer back. I am leaning towards giving it back but am wondering if we do reaffirm will they keep the account open so I would be able to use it again after the bk?

I also have a car that I would like to do a reaffirmation with thru GMAC. I just did a 60 extension (interest only payemtns) to get it current although it was never 30 days late. If it becomes a problem they can have it back though.

Now if we can just get the money together! Hope to be filed in the next 2 weeks or so.
    chap 7 discharge 06/07

The lawyers I spoke to all acted like my case (under median income, no assets) was straightforward, run-of-the-mill and nothing to worry about and so far they were right. Good luck!
    Filed Ch. 7 - 11/30/06; 341 meeting 1/10/07; Discharged 3/19/07
    TU: 535

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X