Reaffirmation process?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reaffirmation process?

Had my 341 on the 10th. I've heard nothing from my lawyer's office about any reaffirmation papers and they didn't tell me anything about the reaffirmation process and I forgot to ask about it when I was there to sight the BK papers. I'm going to call Monday and ask but getting past the receptionist to get any answers is like trying to walk through a brick wall.

Should I be expecting any paperwork either directly from the creditor's I'm reaffirming with or through my lawyers office? What's the timeline on getting the paperwork filed? Should I contact the creditors myself about the paperwork if I can't get any answers from my lawyers office?

So far things have gone smoothly and without any major obstacles. I'd hate to end up losing my house or my car because my lawyer didn't follow through with something.
    Filed Ch. 7 - 11/30/06; 341 meeting 1/10/07; Discharged 3/19/07
    TU: 535

The creditor will send your lawyer a reaffirmation agreement and your lawyer will review it and forward it on to you. It will be sent back to the lender for them to sign their part and then filed. If the lender already signed their part before you get it your lawyer will then file it. Some lenders to require a request for a reaffirmation agreement before they send it.
    Oddly enough Wells Fargo Auto Finance just sent our reaffirmation agreement. Wells Fargo Home Mortage required us to request one. They also had different policies about our automatic payments. Weird.
    The reaffimation has to be filed before your last day for objections.
    Filed: 10/26/2006
    Discharged: 03/05/2007
    Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

So should I contact the creditors and ask them if I need to request a reaffirmation agreement?
      Filed Ch. 7 - 11/30/06; 341 meeting 1/10/07; Discharged 3/19/07
      TU: 535

Comment

Our 341 is not until 3/1/07, but we have received all three reaffirmation agreements.

I think you need to call your lawyer and see whats up. Does he have an email address? Ours told us that was the best way to get to him quickly.

Good luck

Comment

I'd remind the lawyer that you want to reaffirm and ask him where things are at.
          I ended up calling my lender and requesting the reaffirmation and that worked out fine. I just wish I'd gotten it done sooner.
          So, defiantely call your lawyer first and if he hasn't heard anything call your lender.
          Filed: 10/26/2006
          Discharged: 03/05/2007
          Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X