Just filed our 7 today and...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just filed our 7 today and...

in order to pass the means test, we changed three accounts I listed as unsecured to secured as my attorney says that there likely is a security interest. These are: HSBC-Sony (TV worth $600 on eBay, owe $3900), HSBC-Best Buy (Refrig worth $700, owe $2900), and Levin Furniture-WFNNB (living room set etc worth maybe $500, owe $2600). What happens to these? Do we reaffirm? Should we reaffirm? Or do we do nothing? DO we still pay them while in BK, or wait until later - just have no idea what will happen with these. Anyway, it got us to $69 DI on the means test. Schedules I and J look good. We have a family of 5 including a newborn and medical expenses we listed as $343. Attorney says US Trustee for this area is very picky. Said we may need evidence - but I don't know what to give them. Our bank does not return our canceled checks to us. We have most of our insurance claim statements though. Is the $343 reasonable? Seems like every time I turn around someone is going to a doctor or dentist appointment or we go to Walgreens for meds of all sorts. Plus I have put off my own health due to financial problems as I need to get some stuff done. It's hell getting older for some people. Anyway - just looking for your thoughts and some peace of mind.

Thanks for reading.
    Filed 1/29/07 Chapter 7
    341 Meeting 3/2/2007
    Discharged & Closed 5/3/2007
    :yahoo: :yes2: :clapping: :yahoo: :clapping:

Walnut

in order to pass the means test, we changed three accounts I listed as unsecured to secured as my attorney says that there likely is a security interest. These are: HSBC-Sony (TV worth $600 on eBay, owe $3900), HSBC-Best Buy (Refrig worth $700, owe $2900), and Levin Furniture-WFNNB (living room set etc worth maybe $500, owe $2600). What happens to these? The creditor may take them back although they prefer MONEY! Do we reaffirm? If you really want to keep them. Should we reaffirm? ONLY if you want to keep the items - ask yourselve(s) though are they necessary? Are they worth it? Or do we do nothing? DO we still pay them while in BK, or wait until later - just have no idea what will happen with these. The Trustee will be interested in the value and of course the value would have decreased. I'm not familiar with Bk and assets so others will sure to chime in here with more experience.
    Anyway, it got us to $69 DI on the means test. Schedules I and J look good. We have a family of 5 including a newborn and medical expenses we listed as $343. Attorney says US Trustee for this area is very picky. Said we may need evidence - but I don't know what to give them. Our bank does not return our canceled checks to us. You at least have your BANK STATEMENTS you can point out what was what if need be??? We have most of our insurance claim statements though. Is the $343 reasonable? Seems like every time I turn around someone is going to a doctor or dentist appointment or we go to Walgreens for meds of all sorts. Plus I have put off my own health due to financial problems as I need to get some stuff done. It's hell getting older for some people. Anyway - just looking for your thoughts and some peace of mind.

Thanks for reading.

Sure ! Catchmeifyoucan and welcome to the forum ! Plenty of good folks in here !
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I've never heard of anyone reaffirming furniture and such to make the Means Test. This will be interesting to see how the Court handles your case. You're really not far over the Median. It's not like you make double or anything. So your case might go just fine.

Good Luck and keep us informed!
      Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
      Discharged - 12/2006
      Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
      Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

We listed our Yukon as "reaffirm"... and the $670/month payment... and then ended up NOT reaffirming it. We still have it, but it didn't get reaffirmed. and we got the chapter 7 and there was never a question about it or it's payment on our forms.
        Filed Ch. 7 Pro-Se: 10/12/06
        341: 11/6/06 (went AMAZINGLY well!)
        Discharge: 1/12/07
        Closed:1/19/07

Comment

You have 7 grand tied up in a fridge and TV??? And you are able to weasel that into the Means Test Calculation worksheet??? Man! Your attorney is DA BOMB!
          NOTE: I am not a lawyer...any advice I give is for entertainment purposes only. Legal questions should be directed to competent counsel. I am just a troll. Or a Toad.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X