scared....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

scared....

I filed bk 7 back in 05, old laws. (filed pro se) Filed seperately from husband, but we have a home, which is in his name only. Living in community property state trustee wanted all info on property.

Somehow I was discharged in Jan 06, but my case was being changed to an asset ch 7. Long story short, trustee came up with up amount to be paid to him to pay off creditors since I was keeping the house. Borrowed the money and paid trustee in full and he is now in the process of filing final report.

Well we sold our house and moved out of state. Can the trustee find out about this since I am not officially closed and if so what will happen?

Supposedly trustee is turning in final report to US trustee next month.

Am curious, I converted to Ch7 from Ch13 NO ASSETS, even though I just got my discharge as of Jan 26th, the Trustee has changed it to Assets, I don't know what he is looking for? I don't own a house or a business, just rent an efficiency. SO your Trustee came up with an amount even after being discharged? Did the Trustee send you a letter of some sort telling you what he wanted?

Thanks, Catchmeifyoucan
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Well I think they just automatically discharged me, even though the case was still in the works. The trustee decided that I need to pay a little under $6000 to settle debt. Initially it was to be made in payments, but I was able to borrow the money and just pay him off. Yes the trustee sent out a letter letting me know either I agreed to pay this amount or he would sell our house.
      So yes I think he can after discharge get more money out of you.

Comment

Thanks for the quick response, better go check my mail ! Im very curious what the Trustee is looking to gain out of me. Since I'll be owing the IRS close to $4000 and the state about $200, I don't see him getting any tax refund for sure. And I figure my lawyer would be the first to know if I owed any money to the Trustee. Hmmm ..

Catchmeifyoucan
        July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
        Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
        Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
        Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X