Savings acct question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savings acct question...

Considering the fact that my husband opened some new accounts recently and the fact that my 341 is over... Can I do whatever I want with my savings account now or should I wait until discharge? I don't want to close it, just move some money out. Thanks for any help.

Hmmm .. I think after the 341 meeting you can do what you want!

Hopefully others will chime in here to lend their expertise! I would tell you what I did, but I'm a bad influence!

Catch Me If You Can ! (Get my drift!)

Best Wishes !
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Usually the day you file a chapter 7 is the day the estate is set in stone. Most lawyers will advise you to wait until after your 341 at least for things like you questioned about and some say you should go ahead and wait just 2 more months until you are discharged. I think you should be fine really if you are moving money to different accounts or using it for necessary expenses. We received our tax return that was exempted and spent it on tires, the vet, and home repairs all before our discharge. As long as the money you had in those accounts was exempted without a doubt, then I don't see a problem.
      "Try to save money. Someday it may be valuable again." - Anonymous

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X