Bridgeport Bankruptcy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bridgeport Bankruptcy

I am prequalified and have taken my first course. I want to know if I sign up with Bridgeport Bankruptcy....they are affordable for me. I've been quoted $1500 - $2000 by one attourney. I got a refund from an attorney that wanted $1700.00
    Yes Do it
    0.00%
    No it is a bad Idea
    100.00%
    There is a better web site
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

I voted bad idea. If you look on the website, there is no contact information whatsover. No Phone #, No Email Addy, not even an address! Its just another offshore bankruptcy mill which could run with your money for whatever reason. There are no real attorneys behind these sites.... For all you know it could be a bunch of 12 year old kids sitting behind computer screens in a sweat shop in india.

Comment

That is kind of my fear. I just found an attny in Boston that says he is affordable. L emailed him. I've started the Federal Forms, I've completed my first Massachusetts Course. I actually faxed a request to an attorney that I felt was too expensive and had them return my deposit. To pay the equivalent of 1 1/2 weeks of my net pay for just a deposit. I was very concerned about Bridgeport and the fact that there was no address information.

Comment

Yeah this is not the place to look for shortcuts. You'll end up getting screwed.

I'm sure if you look around enough you will find a much better deal on a real attorney. They used to run $700-$1000 for a chapter 7, for the old law pre-october 2005 filings. Under the new laws, I still can't see paying more than $1,200 for a chapter 7, and I myself wouldn't go a dime over 1k.

However you don't want to hire an attorney simply because he's cheap. But to save several hundred dollars shopping around, will definately pay off in finding the right attorney who won't take the shirt off your back.

Comment

I've been meaning to write a long post about my BK, but have been so busy lately.....

I used BB and I don't recommend it unless you are really strapped for cash and are confident that you have a straightforward no-assets Chapter 7 case.

I also don't recommend Springboard for the credit counseling. They sent me a BLANK .pdf of the certificate and caused me to run after a fax in town.

BB has an easy-to-use website where you "plug in" your numbers. It's obviously a software program with not very many real people attached.

The BK papers I received back from them online were the WORST quality - not second rate, but THIRD RATE.

However, I felt that the figures were correct, since they were my figures, so I went ahead and downloaded the forms from our state website and then laboriously filled them in by hand until they were perfect. This allowed me to catch a few mistakes I had made, clean up any typos, and check my math.

By the time I drove the document three and half hours away to the court, I was quite confident that my bankruptcy was going to go smoothly. I called the court clerk and she double-checked my forms list with me before filing.

I had my 341 last week, and was COMPLIMENTED by the Trustee for my paperwork! My meeting was very easy, about twenty minutes while she went through a list of questions. But since I had been so "hands-on" with my petition, I was completely prepared and really OWNED my document.

I just received the notice that the Trustee has found no assets, has administered the estate and requests to be dismissed. I have a reaffirmation hearing left, and deadline for objections is mid-June.

Altogether, my bankruptcy costabout $ 500.00.

But it took me two years, and I just managed to escape two summary judgements which came up just before I filed. I was able to convince the judges to continue for thirty days.

Not the most relaxing few months I ever had, but thanks to all of you and all of your collective experience, I was able to negotiate it without too much panic. I also realized that TIME IS YOUR FRIEND, and a long pre-BK period is not necessarily a bad thing.

If you can stand it.

Cheers! It can be done!

Comment

I does look like BB is not a good idea.

I am really strapped for cash....I am on a collision course to disaster. I am trying to find a new job that pays. My current position - the pay runs out at the end of May. I was promised a lucrative pay program, great leads to call, and the business would want to hear from me...WRONG. Health Benefits. I have a pending job offer, to play it safe I had applied for other. I just can't withstand a credit check. I don't get a replacement job, I am head south to regroup where I can live for free. The problem is Florida does not have the job market that Massachusetts has. I feel like I am playing russian roulette with my life. I definately have limited assets, they were thrown into the dump as a result of 2 illegal evictions. Prepaid Legal is by far the best investment I ever made....powerfull letters that state, make arrangement for the return of my property or pay me for my losses. Otherwise, they have to pay the legal fees involved I my getting justice. One is the cause of my filing my 2005 tomorrow and the other for tossing to the dump my inventory and family picture, china, silver, antique bed, over $15,000. My life in 2006 was like the twighlight zone. I email a budget minded attourney in Boston, and asked for his help, I'll make payment, mail my info, I did spreads sheet for my debt. I just need to add a couple of medical bills. Keep your fingers crossed for me and thank you for the good adivce.

Comment

I have an interview with a second company.

Comment

NO!! BRIDGEPORT IS TERRIBLE AND IMPOSSIBLE TO COMMUNICATE WITH.

Stay the heck away from Bridgeport. They've got ads all through the web claiming how dangerous those 'other programs and services" are, and suggest you go to them - for FULL SERVICE.
                OH Really Bridgeport?

Their own automated AND unattended service cut off the last 4 digits on all of my account numbers submitted on Schedule 6F
                And this was the second error I've had to deal with them on - through their bizarre methods of comminuicating.

If you don't see a phone number and can't talk to a person - go to your local Paralegal office for help!!.

After spending a small fortune in aper

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X