top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what can be claimed as expenses for living?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what can be claimed as expenses for living?

I have pets what catagory do those expenses go? what about boy scouts and stuff like that. What about parking tickets. I get them alot because of where I live?
    Chapter 7 Filed 10/17/07
    341 mtg. 11/15/07
    Discharged 2/19/08
    Closed on 2/26/08

On Schedule J, Line 17, Other.

You add up all your miscellaneous expenses, that aren't otherwise categorized on Schedule J, and put the "lump sum" $$$ amount there.

On an addendum page, you detail what those "Other" expenses are individually with their respective $$$ amounts.

Expenses our attny listed there included pet expenses, hair care, school and work lunches, activities fees and such.
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

I definitely included my pets, their food, their medical costs etc. Shoooot within 2 months I dropped $2000 on my pets in vet bills. Shadow my black cat was really sick and lost alot of hair, he is doing much better now. And Genevieve my Bengal has a bit of the stomach flu shall I say.

Best of Luck CMIYC
      July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
      Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
      Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
      Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

catch me

BTW Catch me how is your kitty doing these days? Is she growing any hair back?
        Im really upset as ive been told that the trustees in our court dont allow pet expenses. I have thee dogs plus various other small critters. I have to see what happens now. We pet owners need to rally against this with maybe the ASPCA or HSUS for support. The excuse? Are we supposed to just dump our fur babies in the pound? I mean, they could allow a measly $30 a month even, just something.
        WAM
        ch7 8/07 CLOSED: 11/07 Rebuilding and saving.
        WAMU unsecured $2,000 Capital One unsecured $500
        PAID OFF MONTHLY!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X