341 Jitters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Jitters

About 2 and half weeks from 341 meeting, and I'm having a serious case of the "what ifs". I've been absolutely honest in my financial disclosure. I have stated my income for the last 6 months (including my bonus), and have disclosed assests that I currently own in my household that could be liquidated to pay trustee.

I'm just really worried about being blindsided by something I might have forgot?

I've been toting the debt around on most of my cards for about 5 to 7 years.

Thing is... I can't remember half the stuff I bought on these cards.

Is the trustee, and/or creditors going to come after me with a list of things I bought?

How does this work?

Rarely does a Creditor show up at a 341 Meeting. There wasn't a one for any of the filers at our 341.

Most times, the Trustee schedules for about 5, maybe 10 minutes per filer's case. You show your photo ID and SSN card. There's a set of routine questions that the Trustee asks everyone.

Did you submit the information that is stated in your Petition. Is the information complete and accurate. Did you read and sign your Petition. Did you review the Trustee's information sheet. (The sheet that explains the different types of BK available under New Law.) Have you sold any real estate within the last year. Sold any assets. If so, how much did you make and what did you do with the money. That sort of thing. Then the Trustee may have some questions specific to the particulars of your case.

Our Trustee had gone thru each case and jotted notes on the top sheet of each file. Things he specifically wanted to address with each filer. A few people were surrendering their homes. One was surrendering a car. The Trustee asked about our taxes. Was Hubby entitled to bonuses. Maybe another question or 2.

Within 5 minutes, it was over.

We were scheduled in the 9-9:30 time slot and we were back home, changing clothes by 9:50 am.
    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
    Discharged - 12/2006
    Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
    Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Thanks Sinking Fast, my attorney did say that my case was pretty straight forward, (previous attorney had said well I think I can make it work) . I personally don't know what to think anymore. All I know is that I hope this is over soon, and that I can rise from the ashes of my financial hell.

I appreciate the kind advice.

Comment

Attnys are like Doctors.

Some are kind, caring, and compassionate. Great bedside manner.

Others want to "lord" over the rest of us that they know more than us.

Your attny says it's straightforward. You've researched. You know where you stand in relation to the Median. You know your expenses and how I compares to J. You've been honest and forth right. So there you go!

Chances are the other ones were wanting you to think things would be tricky. Then you'd think they were great when they miraculously "pulled your butt outa the fire". HA!
        Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
        Discharged - 12/2006
        Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Thanks Sinkingfast

That is about right
          The newest attorney I have hired, and will be going to court with was very empathetic, and listened to everything I had to say. In the end she told me to quit stressing on it so much.

The first attorney....I got the vibe that I was just wasting his time, and felt from his comments that I was being done a favor. Of course he was the managing attorney. I left out of the first attorney's office just scrambled, and still feeling uncertain, and stressed.

I've had some advice by way of my family that has gone through this to not bring anymore paperwork than necessary. I have'nt been asked for bank statements by current attorney, but I have them. Will I need to have them with me?

Thanks as always for the great advice!

Comment

Our paralegal scanned all our stuff into their system to have on file for future reference. A CYA on our attny's part in case of Audit or whatever.

The paralegal gave us our huge stack back in a nice thick, manila file folder. I took that folder with us to our 341 just in case. We were the only ones at our 341 who brought more than ID with us.

Didn't need a thing from the folder. Our attny had his copy and had given a copy of everything to the Trustee.
            Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
            Discharged - 12/2006
            Closed - 04/2007

Comment

I took everything, too, and didn't need anything.

Read through the first 10 questions the Trustee will ask in this thread. That's all my trustee asked me. Nothing more. My trustee is very warm and nice.

It took 5 minutes from beginning to end. If you've disclosed everything, you shouldn't have anything to worry about.
              Chapter 7 filed 4/23/07
              341 Meeting 5/22/07
              Last day for Objections 7/23/07 - Discharged 7/25/07 - Closed 7/31/07
              On to rebuilding!

Comment

341 is 3 weeks away

hey desperation. i am in the same boat as you and feeling the jitters now too. my 341 is 3 weeks from today. i am able to access the docket for that day and see it looks like I am the first one up after the lunch break. Great! That makes me really nervous. And there are only 3 scheduled in my half hour slot. Others I see have up to 14 in a slot. There seems to be no rhyme or reason, unless they look through your cases and allow more time for those they want to grill??? Hopefully I am just letting my imagination run away with me!

good luck at your 341! hope everything goes nice and smooth.

Comment

Hi Frankies mom.....curious. How do you access the docket information for that day. I looked at the date of my 341 under the dockets, but it just shows me.

I live in a city of 5 million people so I know that can't be right.

Is there a link or something I'm missing? The only thing I know is that I'm scheduled for 3pm on the 341 date (and that's from the BK paperwork I received from the court).

I've been told that if you do live in a high filing district or in a large city, that the 341 can go rather quickly?

I know what you mean about letting your imagination run away with you. I find myself thinking worst case scenario on every little thing. I will be so glad if I can just get thru this and out the other side.

I wish you the best at your 341, and hope all goes well.

Comment

I stumbled across our 341 Schedule on PACER. You may try looking at your Trustee's or your BK Court's Docket Schedule.
                    Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                    Discharged - 12/2006
                    Closed - 04/2007

Comment

I happened to do a google search and found the banruptcy court for my state. so i am assuming each state must have a website? when i clicked on the website it had various links and one said "court calendar." I clicked on there and then did a search for my day and it listed all the time slots and the names of everyone. when i did the google search, I ran "Connecticut and Banruptcy Court" and it came up. So I would just do that with your own state and see what you can find. Good luck!

Comment

yuck....the calenders can only be viewed by attorney's in my state. I guess there is a privacy concern? I imagine that's probably a "good thing" as Martha Stewart would say...and, actually I'm not disappointed. It's good to know it's not easily accessible.

I'll keep messing around on google to see if there is a way ...

Meanwhile....thanks to all again for the kind and helpful advice

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X