This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 date changed-venting

My 341 was scheduled for today, but I got a call from my lawyer's office yesterday - that my case has been postponed until September 26th.

She told me it was just a last minute scheduling conflict. Damn! I just want to get it over with. I imagine the courts are very busy...does this happen often ????

Don't feel bad.... Mine is this week and I file June 26th. I have seen people that file the same day or after me have their meeting already. The courts are getting back up, We are in an unspoken depression.

Even with this being said, I feel your pain.
    Success is reachable, stretch out your arm and grab it.

Comment

Calm down folks, this sometimes happens...... Judge may be sick, Trustee may be sick............. never know......

Then if they are - it's reschedule.......

So be patient, sorry you have to wait, in the meantime, pull your credit report and see what kind of "damage control" that you need to do there and get it ready to go......

Remember, good things come to those that have to wait!!!
      Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

Minnymouth, you are correct... "good things come to those who wait" I learned so much more since waiting this long.

Comment

sorry you have to wait......best of luck
          case filed : 6 -5-2007 :blush2:
          DISCHARGED ...9-26-2007..:yahoo::yahoo:
          case closed : 11-13-2007 :yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

I understand how you feel... mine was postponed as well by a month. Trustee had an emergency. Hang in there. But the good thing about it is the clock is still ticking and after your 341 you're discharge won't be far behind. Good luck!

Comment

I know ~~ I'm doing a 13 and I can't wait to start paying my debts back! I'm sure you guys feel the same, don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by CityGirl View Post
                I know ~~ I'm doing a 13 and I can't wait to start paying my debts back! I'm sure you guys feel the same, don't you?
                In a chapter 7 you dont pay anything back. I was in a chapter 13 before I filed chapter 7 and it was a very long process we apid into it for 1 and a half years we filed before the law changed but we could not afford the pmts so it was dismissed with out prejiduce so we filed chapter 7 a few weeks later.
                Sometimes life make you deal with ugly and hateful people ,just think of them as sand paper. They may scratch you and rub you the wrong way but eventually you end up smooth and polished and the sand paper becomes old and worn out.

Comment

Bummer man, probably someone got sick as suggested above. Hope it goes smooth in September for you
                  May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                  July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                  September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

yes, I know but if you have the income disposable, you should have no problems paying it off. I'm confused.
                    My payment will be $900 a month and I'm happy to pay that vs. $1900!!!! Plus I do NOT want that shadow for 10 years. The 7 years will be enough thank you~~~

Originally posted by familyof7 View Post
                    In a chapter 7 you dont pay anything back. I was in a chapter 13 before I filed chapter 7 and it was a very long process we apid into it for 1 and a half years we filed before the law changed but we could not afford the pmts so it was dismissed with out prejiduce so we filed chapter 7 a few weeks later.

Comment

Originally posted by frankies_mom View Post
                      I understand how you feel... mine was postponed as well by a month. Trustee had an emergency. Hang in there. But the good thing about it is the clock is still ticking and after your 341 you're discharge won't be far behind. Good luck!
                      Is it still 60 days from the 341 or do they count the extra time waiting for the meeting. My 341 was scheduled for 7 weeks after the date I filed - do I get lucky and not have to wait a full 60 after?
                      Filed Chapter 7 pro se- 7/24/07
                      341 Meeting - 9/13/07 Done!
                      Last day for objections - 11/12/07
                      Discharged!!!! -11/26/07

Comment

yes, I know but if you have the income disposable, you should have no problems paying it off. I'm confused.
                        My payment will be $900 a month and I'm happy to pay that vs. $1900!!!! Plus I do NOT want that shadow for 10 years. The 7 years will be enough thank you~~~
                        No in a chapter 7 you get discharged meaning the debt is erased the law is telling the creditors to erase the debt it no longer exist.Most of the people who file chapter7 dont really have disposable income that is the reason they quailfy for a discharge. Most if not all of the debt discharged in a chapter7 hasnt been paid in a long time so it is not like oh the debt is discharged now you have extra money it is the opposite you prove you are broke and in no way can pay it back so law makes the debt go away. Chapter 13 is when you pay it back as much as you can afford at a less monthly pmt than before and the creditor cant do nothing but take what they can get.
                        Sometimes life make you deal with ugly and hateful people ,just think of them as sand paper. They may scratch you and rub you the wrong way but eventually you end up smooth and polished and the sand paper becomes old and worn out.

Comment

cathywhite, I swear my 341 was scheduled like 9 1/2 weeks from filing, I am going to check it could be 10 weeks but it looks like I still have the regular 60 days after. I am going down to the hour count lasy then 24 hours I will be finding out my destiny LOL. Trust waiting this long eases the nerves. I am not as nervous anymore, I just want tp have it over especially since I have new things to worry about in regards to my husband's job
                          Last edited by freshstart06; 08-22-2007, 05:35 AM.

Comment

We got lucky. Our 341 was less than a month from the day we filed. But there were people at our 341 that had filed 2 and 3 weeks before us. I think that wait would have driven me crazy.

We know a couple that's in the middle of a Divorce. They tried to get the Divorce over and done with and then each of them would file BK. But Creditors had other plans for them. They both filed right around the first of July and their 341's are next week. Nearly 2 months after they filed.

Gak,...............

Just keep in mind,........... Even tho your 341 was rescheduled, your 60 day clock has already started ticking. The 60 Day Objection period begins with the FIRST schedule Meeting of the Creditors.

Welcome to the 60 Day Club!!
                            Filed Ch 7 - 09/06
                            Discharged - 12/2006
                            Officially Declared No Asset - 03/2007
                            Closed - 04/2007

I am not an attorney. My comments are based on personal experience and research. Always consult an attorney in your area to address concerns related to your particular situation.

Another good thing about being poor is that when you are seventy your children will not have declared you legally insane in order to gain control of your estate. - Woody Allen...

Comment

Shadow for 10 years....It's really meaningless after a few years anyways. I was in the mortgage business and if someone had cleaned up there credit it would be hard for me to even notice a Ch. 7 BK on their report and no one cared about it...

If you could file Ch. 7 at 900 a month you could save 30K in 3 years.....I'd take the Ch 7 for that if you could swing it....

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X