X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minnymouth
    replied
    This thread is off the subject and going no-where SOOOOOO I'm locking it!

Think before you type folks!!!!

Leave a comment:

• JollyGG
    replied
    Originally posted by CityGirl View Post
    I'd do a 13 even if I passed the means test. I'd pay SOMETHING back. I'd get another job to do it.
    Over the weekend I mentioned to my sister-in-law - In 20 years I could say "I was there for my kids, I took time to enjoy their childhood, and I gave my children everything I could, I spent time with my spouse and children." Or I could say "We both worked two jobs, and I never declared bankruptcy". It seems to be a pretty easy choice for us.

Leave a comment:

• biotechsolution
    replied
    City Girl

You had also mentioned in an earlier post that you are having lots of taxes withheld from your paycheck.

The trustee will look at that has a way to reduce your income so that you have to pay back less and may challenge it.

But more importantly. Unless you are paying back 100% of your debts the trustee will take your tax refund and apply it to your debt anyway.

Be carelful.

Leave a comment:

• cathywhite4495
    replied
    Originally posted by familyof7 View Post
    The thing is you shouldnt judge anyone because one day you could be in their shoes and learn the hard way.What comes around goes around.
    I want to chime in my support here too! Nobody takes on bankruptcy lightly. We all have our own reasons why tings didn't go as planned. FO7 - I salute you for staying on top of things and taking care of your family. NOTHING matters more than your family. I'm a single mom working a full time job with an 2nd online job I can do at home. I taught summer school all summer because I needed the money to stay sort of afloat. It has hurt me every day I've had to go to work instead of spending time with my kids. This is not the life I signed up for - I was married and thought we had a nice family going and then divorce and a huge downturn in the economy hit us. We do the best we can.

Anybody who wants to judge ANYBODY else should remember, "There but for the grace of God go I."

This is a support board and I know I count on the positive feedback I get from other members.

One more quote: "It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt." Abraham Lincoln said that one.

Leave a comment:

• familyof7
    replied
    The thing is you shouldnt judge anyone because one day you could be in their shoes and learn the hard way.What comes around goes around.

Leave a comment:

• familyof7
    replied
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• freshstart06
    replied
    CityGirl, LOL, you are in the wrong section (chapter 7) to be talking like that. We file chapter 7 because we have no and I mean no disposable income to pay back. I think most of us have kids, health issues, taking care of elderly parents, you name it. NO one wants to file BK either it be chpt 7 or 13.

Thankfully, you are in the position to pay back but in the same breathe you are saying you would work three jobs to pay back, you still filed BK.

NO one here wanted to file, and stating what you would do and why chpt 7 people will not want to pay back is a touchy subject, somethings are just meant not said even people in the chpt 13 section would like that statement.

In FO7 case, I know it is hard for her (we are in the same situation) she has a chronic condition and have to take care of 5 kids, two with medical conditions. Her husband can't just work all day and night because she needs help and sleep. If for any reason she does not get enough sleep it can effect her health. She does not have support nor can she afford to hire a someone to help her, that money can go towards household things.

So citygirl, unless you can relate, you can't say what you would do if you were in someone's shoes.

FO7, I understand and so does the rest of us.
    Last edited by freshstart06; 08-23-2007, 05:09 PM.

Leave a comment:

• familyof7
    replied
    TRUST ME I DID NOT WANT TO FILE BANKRUPTCY ! It was not an easy choice and if I could have paid the debt back I would have much rather had saved my credit and paid it back.

Leave a comment:

• familyof7
    replied
    CITYGIRL<
    You dont get to choose to do a 13 or 7 if you dont make enough the courts will not let you do a 13. The 13 I had was before the law changed. Not everyone can get another job alot of people here had problems beyond their control and could not pay the debt back. Some people had medical problems themself some had medical problems with their children some had job cuts. Me for example I have 5 kids so their is no way in hell I could afford child care . I had kidney failure and no insurance try that on for size on top of that I have 2 kids with life threatning diseases and my youngest was a twin and his twin died so after being in the hospital for 4 in a half months I have a child that died and I had to pay for funeral expenses myself no family support and on top of that the other child spent an additional 6 weeks in the hospital. So now we cant just go get another job we spend 4 out of 7 days a week going to doctors someone has to watch the other kids when one is in the hospital and when I get sick my husband has to take care of me and our children so he looses money. MOST people who file chapter 7 dont do it to get out of a debt they owe they do it because their is NO WAY they can pay it back. I would rather have less money than to have someone else watch my SEVERLY sick kids so I can pay a few bills that are tripple the amount that I originally owed because of late fee intrest and what ever other fee they can come up with. I really think you need to think about the words you use and consider the possiability other people have been through a hard time because of situations beyond their own control.
    Last edited by familyof7; 08-23-2007, 04:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• CityGirl
    replied
    I'd do a 13 even if I passed the means test. I'd pay SOMETHING back. I'd get another job to do it.

That is why you filed chapter 13 but the people on this thread filed chapter7 two totally different things. The people who filed chapter 7 only filed because they couldnt pay it back not that they did not want to but COULD NOT pay it back that is why we have bankruptcy laws if you are able to pay it great pay it back back but they will make you do a chapter 13 if you file and make enough money to pay some or all of it back.

Leave a comment:

• familyof7
    replied
    Originally posted by CityGirl View Post
    The $900 includes my car ( which is $646 a month )
    I want to pay back. It's only right! I took the debt, I owe it and it's not the creditors fault that I got into this mess. I DID IT ON MY OWN!!!
    That is why you filed chapter 13 but the people on this thread filed chapter7 two totally different things. The people who filed chapter 7 only filed because they couldnt pay it back not that they did not want to but COULD NOT pay it back that is why we have bankruptcy laws if you are able to pay it great pay it back back but they will make you do a chapter 13 if you file and make enough money to pay some or all of it back.

Leave a comment:

• CindyLou
    replied
    Yep, if you listen really good you can hear your clock ticking away!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• gak555
    replied
    I follow every thread or reply by certain people on this site that seem to be very knowledgeble and helpful.

SinkingFast, (one smart cookie) responded that even though my 341 has been postponed until Sept. 26th, that the 60 day window starts on the original set date for the 341 which was August 21st. That actually makes me feel great...has anyone else had the same experience ???

Leave a comment:

• CityGirl
    replied
    I've been paying 1200 to my unsecured's and it's been tight. Paying half of that will be a Godsend. If I can't afford that, I'll make sure I work 3 jobs to do it. I owe the debt. I have to pay it.

In a chapter 7 you dont pay anything back. I was in a chapter 13 before I filed chapter 7 and it was a very long process we apid into it for 1 and a half years we filed before the law changed but we could not afford the pmts so it was dismissed with out prejiduce so we filed chapter 7 a few weeks later.

Leave a comment:

• CityGirl
    replied
    The $900 includes my car ( which is $646 a month )
    I want to pay back. It's only right! I took the debt, I owe it and it's not the creditors fault that I got into this mess. I DID IT ON MY OWN!!!

Originally posted by Logan View Post
    Shadow for 10 years....It's really meaningless after a few years anyways. I was in the mortgage business and if someone had cleaned up there credit it would be hard for me to even notice a Ch. 7 BK on their report and no one cared about it...

If you could file Ch. 7 at 900 a month you could save 30K in 3 years.....I'd take the Ch 7 for that if you could swing it....

Leave a comment:

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X