American Express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

American Express

I have an American Express Card, I am not filing on them, what are the chances of my keeping that card after I file?

hahaha... I am such a novice, but even i know FAT CHANCE of that.

Comment

Your duty under the BK code is to list "ALL" your creditors, you are not supposed to pick and choose. So you should list them.

Comment

HHM is right. However I do know someone that "left them out" and kept his card. Once you file on them you will NEVER get another one. It is the one Card I sort of regret losing (Blue for Business), it was a really convenient card.

You may be able to reaffirm with them. I did with one Visa card, the Trustee knew it though. I'm leary of intentionally forgetting anything, you never know what the Trustee will find out or how, not the person to play games with, not at all.
        Last edited by robivi3; 05-07-2005, 01:22 PM.
        "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Join the Mobile Infantry and save the world. Service guarantees citizenship.

Comment

the thing is I owe them nothing and im not going to use it from here on out. another question I have is, If payments made to american express in the past ninety days add up to more than $600.00 would that be considered preferential??? as you know amex wants the full payment each month P.S. I am current on all of my bills at this time so its not as if i was paying amex while shafting the other bills. and i was never behind on amex so its not like i was trying just to catch up with them. i know payments made to creditors that add up to more than 600.00 within 90 days can be considered preferential and reversed Any Ideas folks? Thanks you have been a huge help!!!

Comment

I have heard varying things from attorney's regarding listing cards with no balance, some say don't list them because you owe nothing and therefore they are not a creditor, others say list them becuase even though there may be no current balance, it is a type of "liability" and therefore must be listed.

Comment

If it was myself, and I am only referring to myself, I would not have listed my Amex Blue in retrospect.

Amex has little conveniences that other cards do not.
              "You once asked me for advice. You want some now? Never pass up a good thing." Lieutenant Jean Rasczak, Starship Troopers

Comment

I hope AMEX will cool off after a while and give me another card once I've re-established my credit.

Comment

I had a Kohl's charge with $0 balance, listed them in the bk and they didn't dump me. I called and confirmed before using the card today. It still works.
                  Maybe if you have a $0 they won't cut you off.
                  Edyta...
                  Discharged April 2005

Comment

What I'm wondering is, my payments to amex over the last 90 days have just barely added up to more than 600 dollars. If I am current on all of my bills will that still be regarded as preferential payments?

Comment

I believe that it is large payments in lump sums over $600. Heaven forbid I pay my no $2600 minimum payment from Chase HA HA. I think you should be okay. The worse that they will do is take that payment back from Amex and divide it up among all your creditors.

Comment

If you write off AMEX forget about another one, you will not ever get it. it won't happen. Barclays Bank, and i don't know their current status, used to be a "high end thing" like AMEX. You could write a Barclays "checque" on a Napkin in Bangladesh and it would be honored 12 years later when the barely legible napkin arrived in NY, but bounce one check and the account was gone forever.

Comment

My husband had an American Express card with no balance but a $16,000 limit. Shortly after we were discharged from Chapter 7 he received a letter stating that they reviewed his credit and they were reducing the credit limit to $5,000. He still has the card, the interest rate never increased.

Comment

We had a credit card with no balance(gas card) which we paid in 30 days and a national clothing store credit card that was paid like clockwork with a low balance but neither one would let us reaffirm. They told me they just didnt do that whether our credit was good with them or not. Ironically, a company we had a loan with offered us another LOAN. Our attorney told us to list every creditor.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X