Question about personal property

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about personal property

I am filing Ch 7 bankruptcy for myself only, without my husband. What exactly should I list as personal property? What about items that belong to my husband only? My concern is for a flat screen TV. It was bought by my husband and officially belongs to him...Do I have to list it? We've been married for 2 yrs only, and he has some stuff that he bought prior to our marriage. Should I list it as well? Thank you in advance!

The Trustee doesn't physically go in and see what you have. List things that are reasonable for a household such as yours. If you husband owns the TV and it is not on any of your credit cards or bank statements. Than leave it off the list.

Just my 2 cents. Catchmeifyoucan
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

My attorney told me to include only items that were mine - not my husbands (we were just married in May) so that is what I did. I haven't actually filed yet - in the process. Hopefully someone else will chime in with their experience and clear this up.
      11/14/07 -filed C7 12/04/07 -case pulled for random audit.12/18/07 -341 held: Asset case due to engagement ring & tax return.02/19/08 - US trustee files motion to extend. 04/02/08- changed back to NO ASSET! I get my ring back and get to keep my tax return! :clapping: 04/28/08 -DISCHARGED!!! :yahoo::yahoo: 05/07/08 - CLOSED!!!

Comment

I'm filing and my husband is not and I listed everything we both own. I just assumed that's what I was supposed to do and my attorney didn't say otherwise. I even included my husband’s clothes. I must be under the limit value wise so it probably didn't matter anyway.
        Kari
        10/12/2007 Filed Chapter 711/08/2007 341 Meeting 01/07/2008 Last Day for Objections
        http://www.bankruptisnormal.com/

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X