Should I inlcude this creditor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I inlcude this creditor?

I've read, rule of thumb for including creditor when filing bankruptcy is include all the creditor even if you intent to repay.

But here is my question.
    I have a gasoline card which I am not a primary card holder.
    I am just the secondary card holder. I don't received the bill.

If I include this creditor, will it effect primary card holder?
    Will they let primary card holder keep use their card and send a bill? or will they stop sending a statement?

Thank you.
    Filed Ch 7 pro se - 11/08/07
    341 Meeting - 12/13/07
    Final Date for Objections - 02/11/08
    Case Closed - 03/04/08

No you should not include that creditor, you are not the primary card holder.

Best Wishes, Catchmeifyoucan
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by skyblue View Post
      I've read, rule of thumb for including creditor when filing bankruptcy is include all the creditor even if you intent to repay.

But here is my question.
      I have a gasoline card which I am not a primary card holder.
      I am just the secondary card holder. I don't received the bill.

If I include this creditor, will it effect primary card holder?
      Will they let primary card holder keep use their card and send a bill? or will they stop sending a statement?

Thank you.

Ok I worked in credit card services for a while .. So it all depends are you the join card holder or the authorized user. If an authorized user then your good dont include it and for safety of the card not being closed because of your BK ask the PRimary card holder to remove you from the card.

Now if your a join users mean The company has your ssn., You will have to 1. ask primary to close account and open a new one without you on it. 2. reaffirmation because by law your liable and if by chance the company check you credit (which they do just to see score to see if they need to low limits, rasied limits etc.) They mite close account and throw it to the BK department, which now Primary has BK on the credit as well. 3. Dont do anything hope for the best. I have heard of some people not entering a creditor and account was closed good standing or not and heard of some whos account stayed open. good Luck God Bless
      *Filed Chp 7 bk 11/13/07 PRO SE :yahoo::yahoo:[x]
      *Last day to Objection 02/19/2008 :yahoo: [x]
      *DISCHARGED 2/25/08!!:cry::yahoo: CLOSED 2/29/08
      TransUnion 538 Experian 519 Equifax 531

Comment

Originally posted by aachudneymiles View Post
        Ok I worked in credit card services for a while .. So it all depends are you the join card holder or the authorized user. If an authorized user then your good dont include it and for safety of the card not being closed because of your BK ask the PRimary card holder to remove you from the card.

Now if your a join users mean The company has your ssn., You will have to 1. ask primary to close account and open a new one without you on it. 2. reaffirmation because by law your liable and if by chance the company check you credit (which they do just to see score to see if they need to low limits, rasied limits etc.) They mite close account and throw it to the BK department, which now Primary has BK on the credit as well. 3. Dont do anything hope for the best. I have heard of some people not entering a creditor and account was closed good standing or not and heard of some whos account stayed open. good Luck God Bless

Looks like I am a join user because they are on my credit report. "Responsibility: Joint with ..."

Is it possible to just remove me from an account without closing an entire account?
        Does primary have to close an account to remove me from an account?

I should not include this creditor on my bankruptcy file right?
        341 Meeting - 12/13/07
        Case Closed - 03/04/08

Comment

Originally posted by skyblue View Post
          Looks like I am a join user because they are on my credit report. "Responsibility: Joint with ..."

Is it possible to just remove me from an account without closing an entire account?
          Does primary have to close an account to remove me from an account?

I should not include this creditor on my bankruptcy file right?
          Well call the company and find out first.. because there are times it will show on a authorized user credit report aswell.. So to be safe "call" and ask "am I a joint user on this account or authorized user"?

and with the companies I worked for, no if you are joint the account would have to be closed and other person would have to reapply and get card in just there name with diff. account number so forth. ... which if your filing and your joint.. I would have the account close because BK could and mostly will show on other person credit report cause alot of issues.

Sometime even if you dont include a creditor ... they will check your credit and find out you are BK and credit score dropped, then will close the account..( so primary would not have a card Period" and it would say on credit closed by credit grantor.. or even say BK ..Its a risk. like i said above. they mite or mite not but the chance is there. Credit card check your credit without permission eveery few months. That why if you look on your credit report now you'll see hits soft hits from companies you may already have business with.. its they way of protecting themselves because most likely if your starting to default with company on your check .. they will think there next and just drop you credit limit. but good luck
          Last edited by aachudneymiles; 11-01-2007, 12:47 AM.

Comment

I just called and found out that I was just an authorized user.

Thank you for your help.
            341 Meeting - 12/13/07
            Case Closed - 03/04/08

Comment

great now ask for you self to be removed and after this is over ( the BK) you can be added back no issues by the Primary of course ... good luck god bless

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X