top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you file BK7, what kind of notification do creditors get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When you file BK7, what kind of notification do creditors get?

What papers do they have access to? Do they have access to all of our financial schedules? All of the BK papers filed?

If they do, do you think they go through each schedule line by line to view our income and expenses etc?

Originally posted by Hollyhomemaker View Post
    What papers do they have access to? Do they have access to all of our financial schedules? All of the BK papers filed?

If they do, do you think they go through each schedule line by line to view our income and expenses etc?
    Holly,

Creditors receive a claim form to be completed and mailed back to the court. They don't receive all the schedules or the complete financial picture, but if they wanted to, they could register on Pacer and look at all the info there. It is public information and is available to anyone willing to open a Pacer account. I doubt seriously that most creditors bother to do that and I don't think that Pacer info is provided to them.

I filed alone, my husband did not file with me. However, my husband was listed as a creditor in my Ch 13, so HE received a copy of everything that the others creditors did, only it was addressed to him. That's how I could differentiate what was sent to a creditor and what was a copy for me.

Hope that helps.

Granny
    I used to have a life, now I have grandkids.

Comment

In my case, which is a no-asset BK7, my creditors were told not to file a claim unless they hear otherwise in the future. This was on a one page (front and back) notice of BK filing with basic information like the case number, my attorney, the trustee, the 341 meeting details, and a warning about the automatic stay. Here's a copy of the form:

"BK7 is not a fast-food combo meal."

Disclaimer: I'm a lawyer, but I'm not your lawyer. ;-) Accordingly, this post should not be considered legal advice.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X