2 cash questions.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 cash questions.

We took about about 3k total over a period of 1-1/2 months to save for a move to another state from our checking account. We were worried that our wells fargo cc might take the money out of our wells fargo check acct to pay the cc so we've been making sure to keep the money. I know this can sound fishy to a trustee and we're not filing until March, but still wondering what they're going to look for in that respect? As long as we keep the moving reciepts?

Before we planned to file BK we had gotten a 10k consolidation loan from Bank of America and ended up having to use a lot of it to live from and pay down some expenses and transferring other balances after the backfiring of losing my job. We've only made one payment to them so far and my lawyer said it's up to us to make another payment or they may or may not object to the 9k that has been spent. Has anyone only made one payment in cases like this without objections?

For cash advances and balance transfers my lawyer suggested 6 months of payments. The longer the better.
    Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Weren't you worried about them suing you before you filed?

Comment

Originally posted by nc73 View Post
        For cash advances and balance transfers my lawyer suggested 6 months of payments. The longer the better.
        I would have fired that lawyer in a minute. Anyone that continues to pay for 6 months is simply wasting money. Another point is if someone can continue to make the payments for 6 months probably doesn't need to file.

Comment

Originally posted by jp2861 View Post
          I would have fired that lawyer in a minute. Anyone that continues to pay for 6 months is simply wasting money. Another point is if someone can continue to make the payments for 6 months probably doesn't need to file.
          Less chance for objections. I suppose he was playing it safe. At this point BK doesn't make sense for me. I am gone as soon as I sell everything.

Comment

I did !

We took about about 3k total over a period of 1-1/2 months to save for a move to another state from our checking account. We were worried that our wells fargo cc might take the money out of our wells fargo check acct to pay the cc so we've been making sure to keep the money. I know this can sound fishy to a trustee and we're not filing until March, but still wondering what they're going to look for in that respect? As long as we keep the moving reciepts?

When I was getting ready to file, I moved all my money out ASAP from my accounts pending filing and had opened up a new bank account (for fear of my accounts being frozen or just my money being taken!). Of course I had my bank statements and new bank statements. I had no issues.

Before we planned to file BK we had gotten a 10k consolidation loan from Bank of America and ended up having to use a lot of it to live from and pay down some expenses and transferring other balances after the backfiring of losing my job. We've only made one payment to them so far and my lawyer said it's up to us to make another payment or they may or may not object to the 9k that has been spent. Has anyone only made one payment in cases like this without objections?

I had something similiar, I had gotten a $10,000 line of credit (credit card) from the credit union, which I transferred (considered cash advance) from one to the other in the month of March or April. I blew the whole line within a month. Filed in the month of July. I barely had one minimal payment to the line of credit. I had no objections??? I had filed Ch13 by the way, so even if the creditor(s) did object I would be paying them back. Regardless, I had no objections? Yes, the more time you can put between the large cash advances the better. In the end I think it is luck of the draw.

Best to you, Catchmeifyoucan
            July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
            Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
            Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
            Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by CATCHMEIFYOUCAN View Post

When I was getting ready to file, I moved all my money out ASAP from my accounts pending filing and had opened up a new bank account (for fear of my accounts being frozen or just my money being taken!). Of course I had my bank statements and new bank statements. I had no issues.

I had something similiar, I had gotten a $10,000 line of credit (credit card) from the credit union, which I transferred (considered cash advance) from one to the other in the month of March or April. I blew the whole line within a month. Filed in the month of July. I barely had one minimal payment to the line of credit. I had no objections??? I had filed Ch13 by the way, so even if the creditor(s) did object I would be paying them back. Regardless, I had no objections? Yes, the more time you can put between the large cash advances the better. In the end I think it is luck of the draw.

Best to you, Catchmeifyoucan
              usually if you file a 13 they are not that concerned with recent purchases since some of the amounts will be paid back. so less chance for objections.

Comment

I'm a little worried about that too. Kind of in a similar boat as a.fla......waiting for a response from my lawyer.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X