top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone had to use a CC after retaining a lawyer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone had to use a CC after retaining a lawyer?

If so, what was the ultimate outcome? We retained a lawyer knowing that we couldn't file for 4-5 months. We are filing in March. However, my husband was in between jobs for a month thus getting behind in bills and loooong story short, we had to use a couple of the credit cards to get necessary items, clothes for school, food, gas and things like that. It was a few + hundred dollars, but we made 2 more payments since then. We are concerned that it will be an issue if the trustee delves into deeply that we used cc's for a short time after retaining a lawyer. Our lawyer said that we have nothing to worry about, just don't do it again which we cut up the cards, but it seems like most people on this forum really stress about this kind of stuff...so what could happen ultimately?

Please, no shaming, okay? We wouldn't have done it if we didn't need to. We didn't realize after we retained our lawyer that there would be that long of a delay in my husband starting his new job. I just want to know what could happen.
    Thanks,
    L

I've heard that using cc's for living expenses is ok. It's just not advisable. You need to practice going all cash.
    Filed: 6-7-2010 341: 7-15-2010 DISCHARGED: 9/17/2010

Comment

Thanks...yes, we are cash now, this happened with the last charge being about 2 weeks ago for a small amount. Just worried....

Comment

Usually its "safe," until the day you actually file, worst comes to worst you'll end up owing that amount back, but being such a miniscule amount, I wouldn't be too concerned ESPECIALLY since you did make payments on them!

Best of Luck, Catchmeifyoucan
        July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
        Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
        Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
        Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X