Plane ticket for Mother in Law?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plane ticket for Mother in Law?

My wife and I recently had a Baby and will be filing BK in Jan or Feb.

Is it acceptable to spend $1k for the coach plane ticket to bring in her mother from Eastern Europe to help take care of the baby?

Or is that type of thing frowned upon?

Thanks

It depends on where the money will come from... Are you purchasing the ticket with a credit card you plan on including in the bk? If you're using cash (or your own money) I don't *think* it should be a problem...
    (X) - Filed Chap 7 - 11.14.2007
    (X) - Free and Clear - 2.22.2008
    PreBK Scores - 467/428/434 (11/22/2007)
    PostBK Scores - 571/604/583 (3/15/2008) - Rebuilding Begins!

Comment

It would be with Cash (debit) I've stopped using my credit cards.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabe View Post

Is it acceptable to spend $1k for the coach plane ticket to bring in her mother from Eastern Europe to help take care of the baby?

Thanks
        The way I understand it is that if you're getting $1000 worth of "service" you're OK. If not it's a gift that should be listed in your BK filing. Trustees can go after gifts.

Regardless be prepared to explain how the $1K was spent.
        It's not what we have in our lives, but who we have in our lives and the quality of those relationships.

Comment

I agree w/PP, I think as long as your getting that much in "service" of daycare you'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabe View Post

Thanks
            Only $1000 for a RT? Or only one-way? If you already paid for her flight by credit card, and intend to include it in your filing wait until March/April to file, which would be more than 90 days after last usage. If you paid cash/check - don't worry - you used your funds, not the creditor's funds.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X