Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Questions - Can You Help?

Hello All,

I've been reading this board for awhile, and think its great and informative! My husband and I just filed Bk - Ch 7 on 5/31/05.

1) We received a notice from the court, and it says our 341 meeting is scheduled for AUGUST 23rd. I thought it had to be 20 - 40 days from filing? That date is like 83 days past the filing date.

2) I've been checking PACER daily (to see if the meeting changes), and we're not even in the system. How long does it take to get up on their system?

3) We're in Michigan - Eastern. Anyone have any feedback on that?

Thanks so much!

It might just be that district and they are backed-up.

The code does not specify a specific time for the meeting, it merely says "Within a reasonable time".

I am surprised its that many days out, that is too bad.

Comment

Ours was almost 60 days after we filed. Our lawyer said that it all depends on the caseload. With the new law coming soon, it will probably get alot worse.

Comment

HI,
        We filed in eastern Michigan as well (Bay City) our 341 meeting was almost exactly 30 days after filing. Of course,we did file Jan 13th of this year and I agree with "bull" that the number of cases have increased with the new law coming into effect.
        Edyta...
        Discharged April 2005

Comment

I'm not in Michigan, but I filed on May 6th and my 341 is scheduled for August 5th.

I checked Pacer a couple days after I filed & everything was on there. I know my atty. filed everything electronically so I don't know if that made a difference.

Comment

Also from Bay City, MI and it only took 30 odd days. Good Luck!

Comment

PATIENCE FOLKS
              Everybody is filing Chapter 7's before the law changes.

I'd say that the courthouses are really busy and overloaded right now and Pacer is too.

Almost like a "baby boom", lol...during a war.

So hang in there, sit back and wait it out.

Good Luck to all of you, hope it goes smoothly for ya!
              Minny
              Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X