Last Day for Objections Today....Some Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Day for Objections Today....Some Thoughts

I am looking at PACER every hour(not going past the query page to check the last filing date, one of the many valuable pieces of info I have learned here!!)..
    Hoping this day goes by quickly, crossing my fingers till late tonight/tomorrow morning that nothing new has happened.

I wanted to thank everyone that has helped me during this difficult time. In fact if I didn't find this forum, bankruptcy would have seemed an impossible task. And I would have sacrificed the important things in my life to keep "stuff"....

We had to foreclose on our home, lose one car, and possibly may lose our other vehicle(reaffirm hearing next week, seeing if we may be able to get out of that or have our plan B in place to get a used vehicle, in the big pic it would save us alot of money), but it was all worth it for me to be a stay at home mom and getting to stop and smell the roses - something that wasn't happening when we were in the midst of impossible debt.
    I now laugh when I go to the mall just to get out of the house and see people charging like crazy to buy gifts they just "have to get"... What an insane way to live.
    I feel like I have been getting a whole new perspective on life, stuff used to matter soo much, with my baby in my arms I realize that stuff does not equal happiness.
    Ebay TJMaxx IKEA and Walmart are my best stores to shop, and its enough for me now to just try on clothes(fit into skinny jeans again after having my baby not even a year ago!!) at Macy's and enjoy the experience. I am so grateful at this point in my life I have learned this valuable lesson. It has saved me many years of ridiculous spending. It will help me be a better parent and role model for my child and how she looks at the value of a dollar...

Just wanted to say thanks to all here, and looking forward to being part of the rebulding credit after bk forum...
    I hope that everyone here's cases go well, and they get the new start they need!

Cross your fingers and toes for me It will so great to breathe again! I feel like the luckiest gal alive, what a different perspective I have about finances and myself.
    "Did you ever feel like your guardian angel went out for a smoke?"
    Filed 9/4/07
    341 10/11/07 Concluded no asset 10/17/07
    Final Date for objections 12/10/07

ohwell,

We share this date with you. Our last day for objections is also today. We filed 9/11/07 and had the 341 on 10/10/2007. All we can do at this point is wait and hope for the best. We wish you the best of luck.
    Filed Chap 7 : 9/11/2007
    341 Meeting : 10/10/2007
    Deadline for objections: 12/10/2007 Discharged 12/11/07 Closed 12/14/07

Comment

Thanks, Yankee - wishing you the best too!
      Filed 9/4/07

Comment

Congrats on your (very soon to be!) discharge!
        Good luck rebuilding your credit! Use some restraint!
        When we get through this, we are going to get just 2 cards, with low limits and only use them for SHORT TERM loans, like for vacations or a big purchase item that we can almost afford but want to get it a month or two earlier. Never going to run up big bills again!!!
        <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
        FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

congrats. I have 7 days and counting. (dec. 17)

Comment

12/11/07 4:45 PM PT Discharged.

A very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Comment

Wow Yankee! Congrats!

I looked up cases by my trustee, it looks like I could be waiting a few weeks for discharge, the discharges are only granted one day a month on thursdays!

Our atty gave us good news though because we are past the deadline, we can not reaff our car if we wish and it won't affect our, cause the deadline for the trustee to do anything has passed as well. debating on what to do next... but I won't feel better until I see the discharge.
              Filed 9/4/07

Comment

Ohwell,

Thats a bummer. What district are you in?

Comment

Oh well - I know what you mean. I go to the mall now and just look at stuff and then walk away. 9 times outta 10, I get home and can't even remember what I was oogling over 30 minutes prior. Shows me that I really don't need it. It's hilarious because my husband and I will get in the car all excited to go to Target because the baby needs new bottles or whatever. It's like, "YAY! Get in the car, we're gonna BUY something!!!". We go to the mall about twice a month and we compensate not shopping by treating ourselves to either a Starbucks or a Ben and Jerrys. We walk around sipping that coffee or eating our ice cream and by the time it's done, we usually just pile back in the car and head home. But somehow it's okay because we were out as a family and talked, walked, and had a good time.

Comment

Originally posted by nazstar View Post
                    Oh well - I know what you mean. I go to the mall now and just look at stuff and then walk away. 9 times outta 10, I get home and can't even remember what I was oogling over 30 minutes prior. Shows me that I really don't need it. It's hilarious because my husband and I will get in the car all excited to go to Target because the baby needs new bottles or whatever. It's like, "YAY! Get in the car, we're gonna BUY something!!!". We go to the mall about twice a month and we compensate not shopping by treating ourselves to either a Starbucks or a Ben and Jerrys. We walk around sipping that coffee or eating our ice cream and by the time it's done, we usually just pile back in the car and head home. But somehow it's okay because we were out as a family and talked, walked, and had a good time.
                    Nice! Now, instead of walking around the mall, go walk in a park or somewhere nice (without things to buy!) while drinking your coffee or whatever! (If you live in a snow state, then, okay, you'll have to wait for Spring...)

It is tough not to be able to splurge with a credit card! But the freedom of saving money (once we increase our income) instead of sending it to those banks, is worth it!
                    <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
                    FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

Pa, we are in central district CA. Takes a loong time it looks like, I think that is the highest # of filers in the country.... But at least I have a clue on when to expect it, my atty confirmed the time frame as well....

Naz, that's too funny re: shopping, we do the same thing! One bonus its helped me shed the baby weight not indulging since we can't afford it. And Target shopping for the baby is the BEST! I don't need anything, ironically I recently went out with a friend while she shopped, oh what a ridiculous experience, she was complaining how in debt she was going to be buying all these things she HAD to get(ended up buying more stuff for herself LMAO)... I enjoyed getting out of the house, and she treated me to dinner and dessert - now THAT was fun
                      Filed 9/4/07

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X