top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ugh... Creditors. How dumb can they get?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks everyone, I had started typing up a letter yesterday after my last post. I'll be sure to send it to someone higher up. And a few threatening words ought to do the trick.

Thanks again!
    Sarah H Owosso, MI
    WE DID IT!! PRO SE
    Filed 7/30/07 341 meeting 9/20/07 60 DAY CLUB 11/19/07!!! :yahoo::yahoo:
    DISCHARGED!!! 11-26-07:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: CLOSED 12-06-07 :yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

If anyone is curious, this is the letter I have typed up to send them. Certain information has been omitted for obvious reasons. And thank you Freshlikeadaisy... I borrowed some of your wording. I couldn't find anything in the NOLO book but your wording sounded perfect. And I double checked the law, just to be sure before "copying" your advice.

Sprint / Nextel Corp.
      2001 Edmund Halley Drive
      Reston, VA 20191

Re: VIOLATION OF DISCHARGE INJUNCTION
      Account #________
      Amount $_______

To Whom it May Concern:

I am sending this letter in regards to the above referenced account. I have been contacted by you multiple times in writing in response to your claim that I owe a balance of $____. As you are well aware, this debt was discharged through Chapter 7 Bankruptcy on 11-26-2007. Sprint has been sent a letter of bankruptcy filing from the Bankruptcy Court in Flint, MI. After receiving bills throughout my proceedings, and despite continued efforts through phone calls to notify you of the bankruptcy case number and filing date, my efforts have been ineffective. Your company has already violated the automatic stay which had been in effect from 7-30-2007 or respectfully, the day you received notice of the bankruptcy filing. Your continued collection efforts violate Federal Bankruptcy Law 11 U.S.C. Section 524. If you continue, I will not hesitate to pursue legal action against you.

Please find enclosed a copy of the discharge notice for your convenience.

Regards,

_____
      Sarah H Owosso, MI
      WE DID IT!! PRO SE
      Filed 7/30/07 341 meeting 9/20/07 60 DAY CLUB 11/19/07!!! :yahoo::yahoo:
      DISCHARGED!!! 11-26-07:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo: CLOSED 12-06-07 :yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Sounds great!!! Good luck!!!
        Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X