Bk And Renting A Car / Anothers C/c

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bk And Renting A Car / Anothers C/c

during a bk you cannot use your credit cards. can a family member get an addtional card on THEIR account with your name on it during the bk?

i need to rent a car and cannot do it without a cc

I rented from Enterprise without a CC. They took a $250 security deposit out on my debit card; then when I returned the car, refunded the amount not actually charged for the rental.

Comment

Nothing says family can't help you out. Just remember, as an authorized user if you don't pay, the primary card holder is reponsible.

Comment

I ALWAYS rent with a debit visa card. Been doing it the last 10yrs!
        You should be ok..
        Filed: 01/23/08
        341 Meeting: 02/29/08
        Discharged: 04/30/08
        Closed: 05/12/08

Comment

What Rental company have you used with your debit visa card, gophermn?

Comment

Enterprise is one that take a Debit card with a Visa or Mastercard logo on it.

Comment

Just be careful with Enterprise...they seem over anxious to ding you on even the smallest amount of "wear and tear".

Comment

You CAN rent a car w/o a credit card.

Enterprise will take a debit card in SOME AREAS, they won't do it here in Nashville.

Budget and Avis will both take debit cards to rent a car. They will 'block out' an amount equal to your rental amount plus more if you keep the car beyond the date. The minimum is $300 though. I rented a car for a weekend for about $150, they blocked out $300, but they charged the ACTUAL amount of the rental when I turned the car in.

You just need to be sure you've got the money in the bank, but a debit card is do-able.

Comment

As others said, I was using Enterprise..
                  Filed: 01/23/08
                  341 Meeting: 02/29/08
                  Discharged: 04/30/08
                  Closed: 05/12/08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X