Where in Pacer...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where in Pacer...?

Where in Pacer do I look for notice of awaiting documents (as in debtor education course not taken yet), and where will it show once those documents have been filed?

I know that when they are filed it will show a new date under "last filing", but where does it actually show what was filed?

I looked a couple days ago and I could not find anything on pacer that showed that our Financial Debtor completed docs had not been filed yet, even before we took the course. Shouldn't it have showed somewhere "Awaiting documents" or something?
    <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
    FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Originally posted by PaKettle View Post
    Where in Pacer do I look for notice of awaiting documents (as in debtor education course not taken yet), and where will it show once those documents have been filed?

I know that when they are filed it will show a new date under "last filing", but where does it actually show what was filed?

I looked a couple days ago and I could not find anything on pacer that showed that our Financial Debtor completed docs had not been filed yet, even before we took the course. Shouldn't it have showed somewhere "Awaiting documents" or something?
    maybe deadlines
    *Filed Chp 7 bk 11/13/07 PRO SE :yahoo::yahoo:[x]
    *Last day to Objection 02/19/2008 :yahoo: [x]
    *DISCHARGED 2/25/08!!:cry::yahoo: CLOSED 2/29/08
    TransUnion 538 Experian 519 Equifax 531

Comment

Well, I never found any place where it said the documents were lacking (before my attorney filed them) but I did find where they were filed, after he filed them: On the History/ Documents page.

So far, so good...
      <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>

Comment

i have never seen a place for awaiting docs that they need .. when i filed mines they just docketed it but asfar as my installment payments i see that when its needed.. and my 341 when it is and termin. by soforth,

mines say in pacer
        14 Certification of Completion of Financial Management Course 11/30/2007
        now if i clicked 14 it would show me just the scanned doc.. that can be found under related transactions

or click docket sheet to see everything docketed but i looked and no where does it have a place where u can go to see awaiting docs for things as such
        *Filed Chp 7 bk 11/13/07 PRO SE :yahoo::yahoo:[x]
        *Last day to Objection 02/19/2008 :yahoo: [x]
        *DISCHARGED 2/25/08!!:cry::yahoo: CLOSED 2/29/08
        TransUnion 538 Experian 519 Equifax 531

Comment

There is no place on PACER that says if there are any unfilled, or otherwise missing, documents (unfortunately, PACER does not work that way).

Comment

Thanks for clarifying this HHM. At least I know the debtor's education cert's were filed. So I guess that's the last step UNLESS some bank decides to file an objection in the next 30 days... (hope not, hope not, hope not!)

Comment

Hmm, my docket showed a flag "DebtEdDue" before I filed it...
              Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

Yeah...PACER will flag when something is "missing" that should have been filed, but there is no list in PACER of documents that still need to be filed.
                Last edited by HHM; 01-12-2008, 05:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshLikeADaisy View Post
                  Hmm, my docket showed a flag "DebtEdDue" before I filed it...
                  So how did you find that flag? Where was it? Under what topic or menu?

Comment

Docket, if I remember correctly. When you look up your case, that first page that has your info at the very top and then all the various links listed below it, the docket is about halfway down the left side. Let me know if you can't find it and I'll look and tell you exactly, but I'm pretty certain that's where it is since I don't generally look at any other page: everything I need is right there on the docket. Good luck!
                    Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

I guess now that we've filed our debtor education class certificates, there should be no further flags or notices, right? So I guess I'll never know.

But I looked at all "our" pages very carefully and I never saw any that had "flags" or said anything like "DebtEdDue". That is what I was looking for, and could not find any such thing... Is it possible that some districts do not list or flag such things?

Comment

Pa, that's a good question. PACER flags may vary from district to district, I don't know, but if they do it's not by much. If you google "pacer flag" or even this forum, you'll see there are all sorts of things that will flag your case.

I *hope* you never see another flag, but it ain't over til it's over. What you could do is search your attorney's cases, for example, pick one or two that were just recently filed (like since 1/1/08) and look at their docket pages: you'll see that DebtEdDue flag, and probably other flags as well, if you're interested.

Comment

Originally posted by FreshLikeADaisy View Post
                          Pa, that's a good question. PACER flags may vary from district to district, I don't know, but if they do it's not by much. If you google "pacer flag" or even this forum, you'll see there are all sorts of things that will flag your case.

I *hope* you never see another flag, but it ain't over til it's over. What you could do is search your attorney's cases, for example, pick one or two that were just recently filed (like since 1/1/08) and look at their docket pages: you'll see that DebtEdDue flag, and probably other flags as well, if you're interested.
                          Thanks, that's an idea. I don't know why it even matters, but it's made me curious, because I can't believe that if the flag was on my page I wouldn't have seen it.

As you say, hopefully there will be NO FLAGS on my case! ;-)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X