Dischargablitiy question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dischargablitiy question?

If you include a non dischargable debt on your bankruptcy does the court notify you?

No, even if you include student loans on your BK (which you should - include all debt you have) the court won't notify you. Not even the loan holder. If the debt happens to be a secured debt, ie: furniture, car, house. The creditor will send you a reaffirmation agreement which you can either agree to or not. If you don't you'll have to surrender the goods.
    Hope this helps.
    Edyta...
    Discharged April 2005

Comment

I am awaiting discharge and listed a private student loan which the issuing bank already told me would be written off and is dischargeable. Would the Judge not allow it?

Comment

Most private student loans are dischargeable.. it's the gov't backed ones that are not. If your lender has already confirmed its status and it was listed in your petition.. you're good to go.

Comment

I guess what I am really asking is does your discharge letter tell what debts are discharged. How long after the last day for objections does your discharge letter arrive?

Comment

No it won't. Your discharge is a single page (usually double sided), it reads

"The debter is granted a discharge under section 727 of title 11, United States Code, (the Bankruptcy Code)"
            On the back side, it gives a "general" or "generic" description of what debts are dischargeable and which are not, but you will NOT recieve any itemized list or determination regarding your specific debts.
            Last edited by HHM; 06-15-2005, 11:51 AM.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X