Chapter 7 and Credit cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter 7 and Credit cards

i am going through the process to file chapter 7 on credit cards as well as other debt. my question is that i have a couple cards one through gemoney(abcwarehouse) and hsbc(best buy) i bought a couple tv's on the gemoney card which was no payments for 18 months and now that the payment comes due it just so happends that i am filing,, can the come and take my tv's? my bestbuy card i bought a stove,refridge and washer. that was a no interest for 18 months which i have been paying on since day 1.. can they take all my stuff???

Motox, *in general* they don't want your stuff back, just the cash if they can get it. File these store credit cards as unsecured debts. If they call you during the course of your bk, deal with it then. But very few people end up having to surrender household goods; they mainly want high $$$ high resale demand items, like cars and snowmobiles and ATVs and that sort of thing, not your crusty used stove. Just kidding about the crusty, but you get the idea. Good luck!!!
    Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

that sounds good to me,, you know how it is everyone you talk to has their own opinion and it makes me nervous lol

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X