Keep Money in the bank while filling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep Money in the bank while filling?

Ok so should I keep my extra money from not paying my CC bills in the bank or do I stash it at home?

Since I started filling out paper work and all that for chapter 7 my lawyer said to stop paying them

so this money that I have left over what do I do with it... I mean its not going to be alot but maybe like 200 extra a month???
    Filed 4/2/08
    341 5/15/08
    Last day 7/14/08
    I am 27 years old, and I am $32,000 in credit card debt

May not matter. Depends on how much cash your state exempts. Ask your lawyer.

Comment

Wayovermyhead, keepmine is right, but if you are toward the limit on your exemptions anyway because of other stuff you own, or your state has really tiny exemptions, then spend the cash on necessities. Anything you would normally get done if you had the money is fine, like dental work, fixing the roof, buying groceries, etc. What you really want to avoid is any luxury purchases (with $200 a month, that doesn't really seem like it'll be an issue ). And if you don't want to spend it, sock the cash away in a non-bank location. Good luck!!!!
      Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X