top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When does the Trustee first look at your petition?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When does the Trustee first look at your petition?

We filed on 1/22 and I noticed on PACER, Flags: DebtEd, MEANSNO. Does this mean the Trustee has already looked at our petition? What do those flags mean?
    I've looked at the "PACER" thread but just wanting to know if Trustee put the flags in.
    CHAPTER 7 FILED: 1/18/2008: 341: 2/19/2008
    DECLARED NO ASSESTS: 2/20/2008
    OBJECTION TO DISCHARGE DUE: 4/21/2008
    DISCHARDGED & TERMINATED:4/22/2008

Call you lawyer and ask him, I'm not quiet sure BUT JUST A GUESS, you need to file the DebtEd course, and takes the MEANS TEST. Others will chime in here shortly and may know better. You only have a certain amount of days to get this done! Stay on top of things. Thats how I stayed one step ahead of my lawyer, I knew things before he did just by checking PACER. However .08cents is not much BUT can add up before you know it!

Best to you Catchmeifyoucan
    July 2006: Filed Ch13 :blink:
    Oct 2006: Converted to Ch7 :clapping:
    Jan 2007: DISCHARGED :clapping:
    Nov 2007: CLOSED :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Odd, we took the credit counseling course (the before you file) and I thought it included a means test. We were informed by our lawyer that all we need is the Debtor Education (before the 341). Is there a separate "means test" we needed to take? I did take one on my own but not from the US Trustee Program website: http://www.usdoj.gov/ust/eo/bapcpa/meanstesting.htm

Any other thoughts?

Comment

OK, if I just looked further in the paperwork...found the means test filed by the attorney. "The presumption does not arise" is checked. So, the flags must mean that we've completed it. Right?

Comment

DP, "MEANSNO" means there is no presumption of abuse on your means test, and "DebtEdDue" means you still have to do the post-filing counseling thing. It doesn't mean your trustee has even cracked an eye open at your case, that's the way the clerk (or your atty's office) enters it into PACER when it is first filed. Hope this helps.
          Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

Thanks Daisy!

Comment

Thanks for the answers on meansno as i got worried.
              Do you know what debtedjt is? I also have debted?
              Thanks
              Chp 7 Filled 2-21-08
              341 Hearing 3-24-08

Comment

Mine has the DebtEdDue on it. It's the "post" filing course that you need to take before discharge. I finished it last week but it hasn't been updated. I think I'll call my lawyer.

monkatom- I'm assuming yours is about the Debt Education but the wording is different. debtedjt?

Comment

yeah it says debtedjt so not sure. I will talk to lawyer next week and see what he says. i am just glad to be filled and hopefully start on the road to recovery
                  Chp 7 Filled 2-21-08
                  341 Hearing 3-24-08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X