Pre Employment Credit Screening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre Employment Credit Screening

I was recently discharged from Ch. 7 about a couple of weeks ago. I just had a job interview and the HR people gave me a bunch of stuff. Included were some forms to run background checks including obtaining credit records.

I have not been offered the job yet but I am concerned that if I get an offer, quit my job, take their job then they run a credit report that I could be let go. Now I 'think' they cannot discriminate based on a ch7. But, it seems they could run the report and find another 'reason' to let me go.

Or, I could just be upfront with my headhunter and tell them that before they commit to an offer - that I just filed a CH7.

Anyone have any experience w/ this situation?

The job I would be handling has nothing to do with managing money - it would be an IT support position.

see this post for some discussion about this issue.

Filed: 10/26/2006
    Discharged: 03/05/2007
    Closed: 5/19/2008 - Asset case due to balance transfer and income tax refund

Comment

also this one http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...ent+bankrutpcy

Comment

and this one http://www.bkforum.com/showthread.ph...ent+bankruptcy

Comment

Use the search feature and I'm sure you will find even more.

Comment

Originally posted by roger_221 View Post
            I have not been offered the job yet but I am concerned that if I get an offer, quit my job, take their job then they run a credit report that I could be let go. Now I 'think' they cannot discriminate based on a ch7. But, it seems they could run the report and find another 'reason' to let me go.
            I doubt very much that they would hire you first, and run a background/credit report after the fact...........
            I personally would think that if it comes down to the point where you know they are going to run the credit check, I would explain your situation at that time...........I think honesty is best. If this job is meant to be, it will be.........otherwise, it just means something else is out there for you down the road!!!!
            You can't have your cake and eat it too. But you can dip your finger in the bowl and lick the icing

Comment

Originally posted by krielly View Post
              I doubt very much that they would hire you first, and run a background/credit report after the fact...........

Done all the time, well, that background check part. That can take months..Credit report I would assume could be done in under a minute..Don't ask me how I know this ;-)

Comment

Unless its for a bank I don't think you'll have a problem...and I don't think it will hurt your chances to talk with your headhunter to make sure (do NOT talk to HR at this new company unless they ask).

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X