top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting ready for my 341 meeting, what should I expect?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting ready for my 341 meeting, what should I expect?

Hi there, I filed Bankruptcy pro se, on January 31st, (for the simple fact that I can't afford an attorney) I got 341 meeting paper in the mail, and I contacted my Trustee and he told me everything I needed to give to him, so I've already done all that. My 341 meeting is March 10th. I'm scared to death! What should I expect? Will they discharge my BK? I told the complete truth, so I was wondering if they're gonna discharge it. I make NO money a month and I'm so stressed out and upset. Could someone please help me out? What do I need to wear to the meeting? Please help me I'm so ready to puke! Also
    Last edited by cirnrab; 03-01-2008, 03:13 PM.
    Filed 01/31/08
    341 03/10/08:
    Last day for Objections 05/09/2008
    DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 05/12/2008

Do a search for others who posted their 341 meeting Q&A. I just had mine on Friday so feel free to see what I was asked.
    Filed: 01/23/08
    341 Meeting: 02/29/08
    Discharged: 04/30/08
    Closed: 05/12/08

Comment

so how do you know that you're getting a discharge on 4/29? or is that the final day for objections?
      Filed 01/31/08
      341 03/10/08:
      Last day for Objections 05/09/2008
      DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 05/12/2008

Comment

I was discharged a couple of days after the 60 days that creditors had to object passed. The judge assigned to your case will send a discharge letter.

Comment

You get your discharge technically - if nothing goes wrong - 61 days after your 341 meeting.
          However, as in my case, sometimes it takes the Trustee or Clerk days or weeks to do the paperwork and post it to Pacer.

As to the 341 meeting, type in "341" in the search box above and you will no doubt find lots of experiences most of which will say something like this:

"My 341 was a breeze! The trustee asked me about 8 questions, mostly simple factual yes no type questions and then it was over in about 5 minutes!"

As to what to wear, I'd just dress as if you were going out to eat at a "normal" restaurant - not too fancy, not too casual. Do not wear jeans or t-shirts, some judges (in this case "trustee) hate that for some goofy reason.

Good luck! You are a shoe in for bankruptcy as long as your income for the last 6 months was under the median for your area. So don't worry.
          Last edited by PaKettle; 03-01-2008, 06:10 PM.
          <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
          FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X