Are cell phone accounts discharged?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are cell phone accounts discharged?

I let someone borrow my credit for a cell phone line...they were paying month to month without a problem but then they stopped paying and made international calls...the bill is over 1k...I was wondering if BK would discharge this account? THank you to all..
    Filed Chapter 7 4/22/2009
    341 Meeting Scheduled 5/27/2009
    Discharged 7/30/2009
    Awaiting closing!!!!

Yes, if you have a legal obligation to pay it and you list it on your forms.
    regards,
    emoney

Comment

Arami, I think I might not mention the whole "borrowed" thing, either on the forms or to the trustee or atty, unless you are specifically listed as cosigner. Consider simply listing it as an unsecured debt like any other, and not going into the whole "I incurred this for someone else" unless asked. The reason I say this is because you want to avoid any question of fraudulent intent. You could easily prove that it was not with statements (the bill was paid on time for a long period) but it's a hassle to avoid, if you can help it. The way you wrote, "I let someone borrow my credit," makes me think that maybe it wasn't a straightforward cosign arrangement and someone actually signed up AS YOU, which is why I say this. (If I misread you, my apologies. )

If asked, *tell the truth* and explain it thoroughly. But if no one asks, well, it's just another bill you ran up. And yes, it will be discharged along with every other debt in your bk as long as you include it in your filing, like Emoney said. Good luck!!!
      Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X