Reaffirming My Car After All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reaffirming My Car After All

So, I got an email from my attorney's paralegal and it just said to sign the reaffirmation form and mail it back to them. So, I called my lawyer and asked why are they asking for it now, a week before discharge? He said, my lender, Wachovia, wants it in order for me to keep the car. He said I COULD do a ride-through, but they could come get it at any time(which I knew), but that he only had had problems with Toyota and Ford coming to get cars that weren't reaffirmed. I said I had no problem with reaffirming as long as they restored online access to my account and made timely positive entries on my credit reports. He said they should restore my access after discharge and reaffirmation and that I can always dispute the entries on my credit reports if not correct showing I've never missed a payment, etc. So, it looks like I'll be reaffirming my car, which, like I said I have no problem with since I'll be keeping it for at least a couple more years and I won't have problems paying it.
    Filed 12/20/07 [X] 341 meeting 1/15/08 [X] Trustee Declines to Dismiss 2/25/08 [X] DISCHARGED AND CLOSED 03/19/08 [ X ]

Hey, I want to do the same thing, I hope you don't mind me tagging along to your thread... I asked alot of questions in a previous post, i didn't get an answer... I think i overwhelmed everyone!

I guess i can find the rest out from the lawyer, but what I'd like to find out is... would anyone object to me trading in my car to ford credit and ussing that to finance a new car right before filing (i fully intend to reaffirm and i was always current on the car payments)...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X