? on sold motorcycle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? on sold motorcycle

This is me worrying again. My hubby had 3 motorcycles he sold last year, 2 1968 harley sprints, sold for 400 for both, these were definitely project bikes, he bought them for 200 figuring someday he might actually get the money together to work on them. They were junk in my opinion and frankly I was glad they were gone. Neither was ever titled to him, matter of fact, we never got a title for either, we do have a bill of sale for these 2.

Hubby also had a 1976 harley fxe he sold last summer for 800. It had problems also, never could come up with the money to get it going and he sold it to buy a lawn mower for his mowing business. This was titled to him and since it wasn't running and needed a major amount of work to get it going, most likely it still isn't road worthy. When we got our license registration papers in the mail, we noticed the person who purchased it had not titled it in his name. Far as we know he hasn't yet. It wasn't a local sale and we have no way to find out this info., unfortunately we have no bill of sale for this one, we had one, but now we can't find it. To be honest, when this one was sold, we still weren't thinking bankruptcy so keeping every single paper didn't seem important, now I know different!!

Does anyone know what we should do? We did disclose on our papers to attorney we sold these 3 bikes and what we sold them for. Unfortunately we have no way to contact the guy who bought this bike, we can't find anything on it.

Just wondered if anyone had any ideas, our attorney wasn't concerned, I just keep thinking of things to worry about.
    Last edited by justplaintired; 03-19-2008, 07:00 PM. Reason: misspellings
    Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Justplaintired, I agree with the atty. Don't worry about it. The amounts exchanged were very small and you no longer have the assets (bikes). Let the trustee sweat it if he wants, but I seriously doubt you'll have any problems. Good luck!
    Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

Thanks, FreshLikeADaisy, no wonder everyone loves this forum, everyone is so helpful!
      Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X