341 today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 today

Had the 341 today. We were one of the last to go as the US trustee was involved. They asked the general questions etc. Then the US trustee asked how we put 45K on AmEx in three years. They had a few income questions. The regular trustee saw we could not exempt all of our tax return which was over 10K so he wanted us to give the amount we could not exempt to our attorney. He looked over our forms and said since there were no other assets he could take and our BK was for 125K it was not worth it for him to collect the 1600 in unprotected tax returns so he declared us no asset. This surprised me since we have a 1K tresury bond we did not exempt and a time share. Overall pretty quick but longer than others as we had the US trustee there. Thanks to everyone who responded to my questions. Now we wait.
    Chp 7 Filled 2-21-08
    341 Hearing 3-24-08

congrats monkatom! cant wait to get mine over with
    pa308 (equifax fico 6-21 471) 594 on 3-09 671 7-09
    filed ch7 6-12
    341 7-25
    Discharged and closed 9-24

Comment

Congrats! Happy For you!

ep
      California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

Congrats!

What types of income questions were you asked, and how did you answer the Amex question?

Comment

Oh, that is awesome!!! I'm SO glad you got such a good outcome! Very generous guy -- he let you keep your bond AND pay your attorney...
          Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

My wife is on ten pay so they had some questions reagrding that. Then they asked if income changed, etc. As for AMEX everthing was neccesities so we basically paid bills with money in bank and used CC to pay for food, gas, etc. Now we are on a budget and using cash only. As far as the money yeah we had paid our lawyer so he was going to have the lawyer hold it almost in an escrow account but decided it was not worth it. Lawyer said it was more trouble than it was worth for that small of an amount. Overall better than expected but i was still nervous. Did not eat all day and my wife kept telling me to relax so i guess i should listen to her more often.
            Chp 7 Filled 2-21-08
            341 Hearing 3-24-08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X