Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Retaining a Lawyer

Once you retain a lawyer...

Example, it will cost us $400.00 to retain a lawyer. Lets say we have recent cash advances to pay credit card payments, (yes I know from other posts on this, sham on us for paying bills with credit cards! So don't say it again, it is what it is... we did what we did to get by at this point ) After we pay that $400.00, he said we can make payments to him like a payment plan. Can the waiting period form the cash advances be the 6 months while we are making payments to file?

I know confusing to me thats why I am here asking.

Thanks for helping with this, and please no "tough love" answers, I don't need to start crying again!

Schel
    Discharge 1/19/2009

Originally posted by schel View Post
    Can the waiting period form the cash advances be the 6 months while we are making payments to file?
    Schel
    Yes and hopefully your attorney will take the creditor calls while you're waiting the 6 months.
    It's not what we have in our lives, but who we have in our lives and the quality of those relationships.

Comment

Thank you!
      Schel
      Discharge 1/19/2009

Comment

Thank you!
        Schel
        Is your lawyer having the calls directed to his office?

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
          Is your lawyer having the calls directed to his office?
          I think so not a big deal if we can't. Need to see the big picture in all of this.
          Schel
          Discharge 1/19/2009

Comment

I think so not a big deal if we can't. Need to see the big picture in all of this.
            Schel
            Just curious. We paid our attorney but won't be filing until in the summer. All calls are being directed to his office.

Comment

Once you retain a lawyer...

Example, it will cost us $400.00 to retain a lawyer. Lets say we have recent cash advances to pay credit card payments, (yes I know from other posts on this, sham on us for paying bills with credit cards! So don't say it again, it is what it is... we did what we did to get by at this point ) After we pay that $400.00, he said we can make payments to him like a payment plan. Can the waiting period form the cash advances be the 6 months while we are making payments to file?

I know confusing to me thats why I am here asking.

Thanks for helping with this, and please no "tough love" answers, I don't need to start crying again!

Schel
              Hi Schel. No shame here. We are all in, or have been in, the same ugly boat.

I know someone already correctly answered your question but wanted to stress that you need to ask your lawyer if he will field phone calls for you as soon as you pay him/her the retainer.

You may not be thinking it is important now, but you will feel incredible peace of mind later just knowing that you can refer any creditor to your lawyer should you need or want to.

ep
              California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X