Awwwwwwwwwwwww............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awwwwwwwwwwwww............

Retained my attorney today. The best words at the end of our meeting was, "Here is my information, Any creditor that calls you, Tell them i will be more then happy to talk to them from now on"

Im on my way to financial freedom!
    Filed August 15th 2008
    Discharged:12/08/2008
    Closed: 2/23/2009

Thats great!!! You are really really really lucky!!!!

I wish my attorney had allowed that... he is making us wait until its filed before we say anything. Not quite sure of the reasoning behind that as I would love to be able to answer the phone!!
    5/29 Filed 7~ 341-on 6/24
    8/27-DISCHARGED
    11/2 - CLOSED
    EQ-604 EX-605 TU-560 ~4.5 months after discharge

Comment

When we paid our attorney he too told us the same thing, it was honestly a huge relief.

momof5, I posted in your thread and feel something is wrong with an attorney who is not willing to handle these type of calls. Are you telling these collectors you are filing? We found if we didn't answer the calls, they will call your place of employment which is something we definitely did not want happening. I would recommend you call your lawyer asap and tell them the calls are becoming a huge problem and what should you do? I would inform them you will be answering these calls and informing them you are filing and giving them your attorney's name. Tell them simply it is becoming too stressful and that you're worried about phone calls to employers.... Please let me know what you find out. I just feel like you should not be going thru the added stress of phone calls if you are paid in full!
      Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Originally posted by justplaintired View Post
        When we paid our attorney he too told us the same thing, it was honestly a huge relief.

momof5, I posted in your thread and feel something is wrong with an attorney who is not willing to handle these type of calls. Are you telling these collectors you are filing? We found if we didn't answer the calls, they will call your place of employment which is something we definitely did not want happening. I would recommend you call your lawyer asap and tell them the calls are becoming a huge problem and what should you do? I would inform them you will be answering these calls and informing them you are filing and giving them your attorney's name. Tell them simply it is becoming too stressful and that you're worried about phone calls to employers.... Please let me know what you find out. I just feel like you should not be going thru the added stress of phone calls if you are paid in full!

+1

I paid 3/4 of the fee's today to retain him. I have been answering all call's from collectors no matter how many times they called and gave the same BS to them, I have thick skin and i have played some BS games with a few of them. After almost 4 months of it and finally getting some cash together. I did it! and feel great. I figured the work calls were coming since so much time had passed. I got home today and it was such a pleasure answering the phone and to stop them in thier tracks, give the information and say "Have a nice Day" Bye bye....... I even had one that was reading her script off the screen and after i gave the info, verified my address, ect... then say's, "So , How many times a month you get payed?" So i replied, "Why the hell would i give you that info? 1. Nunya Bussiness, and 2. After what i just told you with the Lawyer info?" She stutters and say's oh, sorry, Ok, Thankyou for the information. I say "Yeah, Thats what i thought, You have a nice day!" Bye Bye.......

Im feeling better as the day wears on!!!!!!
        Filed August 15th 2008
        Discharged:12/08/2008
        Closed: 2/23/2009

Comment

Just my opinion, but expecting a lawyer to field all the calls, from every collector, for every client, is unrealistic. Besides, the way most collectors conduct business, they will call you until they get official notice of your filing. Most of the time they stop once you give them the lawyers info.

Comment

Originally posted by TroubleinCalif View Post
            Retained my attorney today. The best words at the end of our meeting was, "Here is my information, Any creditor that calls you, Tell them i will be more then happy to talk to them from now on"

Im on my way to financial freedom!
            Congrats TiC, it'll be a bumpy ride, but well worth it. You only live once, no reason to spend it miserable and in debt.
            Filed Ch 7: 12/27/07
            341: 2/6/08
            Discharged: 4/11/08
            Finally closing: ???

Comment

Originally posted by momof5 View Post
              I wish my attorney had allowed that... he is making us wait until its filed before we say anything. Not quite sure of the reasoning behind that as I would love to be able to answer the phone!!
              I would be surprised that an attorney didn't allow that. I thought that was part of the reason they get paid. We didn't stop paying our secureds until we retained our lawyer, and have caller ID, so if any of our creditors called back after we gave them the attorney info, we simply didn't answer.

Sorry to hear about hubby's job. That seems to be more and more prevalent these days. Same thing happened to our neighbor a few years back. He had been with a national company and was unceremoniously laid-off after almost 20 years of service. Nice severance package, but of course nothing that was going to set him for life.
              Filed Ch 7: 12/27/07
              341: 2/6/08
              Discharged: 4/11/08
              Finally closing: ???

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X