top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paralegal said we may lose our car! Attorney never said a word!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if maybe you should talk to your attorney, to discuss the possiblilty of amending your petition to allow for differing expenses, that more accurately reflect your ability to pay your mortgage?

It wouldn't hurt to at least talk to him about it.

And while you're at it, I might mention something to him about his paralegal not being exactly a model of professionalism...
    <<I am NOT an attorney, my comments are anecdotal only. Contact an attorney for advice>>
    FINALLY DISCHARGED 92 DAYS AFTER THE 341! A NEW START!!!

Comment

Originally posted by PaKettle View Post
      And while you're at it, I might mention something to him about his paralegal not being exactly a model of professionalism...
      Already got the letter written for that one. I will be sending it to the "head" honcho of this large law firm just as soon as we get through this. We dont want to tick anyone off just yet because as sad as this sounds I feel I need these people. We don't have the money to find a new attorney and I figure if I can just stay on top of everything we'll be okay in the end.
      I just hope that at our 341 I dont lose it. I have this vision of having to explain to the trustee that the lawyer we chose was probably the worst decision we ever made in our life besides using credit cards to supplement income!
      5/29 Filed 7~ 341-on 6/24
      8/27-DISCHARGED
      11/2 - CLOSED
      EQ-604 EX-605 TU-560 ~4.5 months after discharge

Comment

Mom, if your attorney is a mistake, chances are good your trustee already knows...

Please don't sweat it so much. I know that's easy for me to say, and I've been there myself so I can't honestly minimize how stressful it is, but seriously... if you answer to the best of your ability at the 341, deal directly with your atty, and provide whatever documentation is asked of you, you should be absolutely fine. If your atty approved the reaff, unless there is just something *extraordinarily* wrong with it (doesn't seem to be the case) it will pass muster. You've been reading and studying; I really do get the impression you have your i's dotted and your t's crossed. So breathe deep, and put one foot in front of the other... You really will get through this. I wish you the very best!!!
        Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X