Feeling prior to the 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling prior to the 341

I know I should be completely stressed out about my pending 341, but I don't. Instead I feel that I've stressed so much about money while my business was open, finally closing it, going through the divorce, anticipating dealing with the tax issue and finally filing BK that I feel almost numb. I think I've run out of emotions.

When I finally filed, I was so relieved and felt I was finally doing something to get myself out of this huge hole I've dug for myself.

I've even thought about walking away from my house even though I have equity in it (which is totally unlike me), but I can't afford to go apt. hunting right now.

My 341 is on the 6th and I've organized as much as I feel I can and I feel prepared, but I don't feel nervous anymore. I just want this whole thing to be over. Is that weird??
    Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
    341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
    Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

I felt the SAME WAY as you. I had been through so much up to the point that I filed that it was actually a relief to get it all going. I knew that it was out of my hands from the day that I filed and whatever happened, I would just deal with it and not stress. It worked MIRACLES for me and I've become such a better person now b/c I'm able to handle stress so much better now. Just take it as it comes and just know that whatever will be, will be.
    11/14/07 -filed C7 12/04/07 -case pulled for random audit.12/18/07 -341 held: Asset case due to engagement ring & tax return.02/19/08 - US trustee files motion to extend. 04/02/08- changed back to NO ASSET! I get my ring back and get to keep my tax return! :clapping: 04/28/08 -DISCHARGED!!! :yahoo::yahoo: 05/07/08 - CLOSED!!!

Comment

That's the truth. I used to have so much control over every aspect of my life and the things that happened to get me to this point have just put me in a tailspin. I am learning patience and remembering the old saying my mom used to use "you can't get blood from a turnip".
      Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
      341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
      Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

I feel EXACTLY the same way. The stress before I filed, and right after, was INSANE, but I'm OK now. I'm really not worried, just impatient. My 341 is on May 6th, too, in the Middle District of FL, but mine is at 9:30 AM. Good luck!
        04/03/2008- Filed for BK CH7-Middle District of FL
        04/04/2008- Found out I have the more "laid back" trustee- the other one is a real bear, I hear. Yay!
        05/06/2008- 341 meeting held

Comment

I am glad others feel relief from doing this. As for me, I haven't been stress one bit. I knew that it wasn't my fault that I am where I am. There isn't much you can do when your high income job is outsourced, and you still have the same bills.

Comment

I was stressed for about the first 2 weeks after filing. BUT, I look at it like this....What's the worst that can happen at the 341? I know for a fact that we qualify, we don't have credit abuse.....so there's really nothing too terrible that can happen.....

I'm nervous a little bit because it's so...official...in a courthouse and everything! LOL
            Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
            341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
            Last day for objections: 7-14-08
            Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Comment

Oh wow ours is 5/5 in the middle district of Florida too, how weird !! And like you I am not even worried about it and sometimes I worry that I'm not worried haha !! Deciding to file was the biggest decision I've ever made in my life but once it was filed it has been the biggest relief I have ever felt. We literally should have done this years ago !!! I'm actually a better person now for having gone though it and I know that may sound weird but I truly feel like there must be reason were going down this road. I know that sounds sooooooo weird but I feel peace about it and I am not so judgemental of others as I was before.

Comment

I am also in the middle district of FL, my 341 is 5/1. Maybe we should start a club of sorts??? I was a wreck up until we filed, then about a week or two after...but now I am absolutely ready to get this behind us. Stilltheone hit it on the head...I also know we qualify (without a doubt) so the rest is out of our hands! Best of luck to all and I will report back with my bloody stump, once I get through mine on Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by tallberry View Post
                  I am also in the middle district of FL, my 341 is 5/1. Maybe we should start a club of sorts??? I was a wreck up until we filed, then about a week or two after...but now I am absolutely ready to get this behind us. Stilltheone hit it on the head...I also know we qualify (without a doubt) so the rest is out of our hands! Best of luck to all and I will report back with my bloody stump, once I get through mine on Thursday.
                  I was way more stressed trying to pay my creditors before I made the decision to file and stopped paying them all. The decision alone was a great stress reliever for me and now I just feel momentary flashes of it...but I'd probably get those regardless of the BK. I am feeling like I may be stressed going to my 341 though. Nice to know that might not be the case.

ep
                  California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

I was very relieved after filing. I didn't overly stress about the 341. I was a bit nervous that day but that's usual I guess. However after seeing the cases before mine and knowing how well prepared we were I was somewhat relieved.
                    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

has anyone on this forum had creditors show up to the 341? if so, what was that like? i think that's what gets me the most nervous...being grilled by a couple of mine..
                      Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
                      (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X