Have a question about schedule F and Creditor matrix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have a question about schedule F and Creditor matrix

On schedule F which is creditors holding unsecured nonpriority claims what if I do not know my account numbers? The credit report only shows the first few digits. Also do I just need to list the original creditors on each line, or do I need to list the orginal creditor and then underneath list the collection agency the bill is with?

Also if the account has been sold off from the original creditor and I list the orginal creditor but not the new agency the account is with then what happens? Is the debt still discharged and I just fax the new owner of the debt the discharge papers?

Also on the creditor matrix do I need to list the original creditor and the collection agencies?

As you can tell I am new and have lots of questions.

The more information you can list the better.

So yes, you need to include any and all collection agencies.

Now, you don't have to kill yourself trying to track down that info, but you should make some effort to get account numbers and the names of all collection agencies who have touched the account. But if you can't find some, so long as you list the original creditor, you are covered for BK purposes.

Comment

Stew, I did a post about this awhile back that explains how to list multiple creditors for the same account on your Schedule F; maybe you will find it of assistance:

And don't worry about partial account numbers. Give what you have and it should suffice. You could also add a margin note explaining that you do not have complete acct numbers available to you and are using the information from your credit report, if you felt like it was going to be an issue, but honestly I wouldn't even go that far.

Good luck!!!
      Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X