How do I know if trustee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I know if trustee

Is taking my stimulus check? We are filing pro se so there is no attorney I can ask for help. Do I just hang on to the funds? Do I spend it on exempt items? Will I even see it or will he intercept it before it's even deposited?

i'm in your same boat; i plan on buying car tires and dog food with mine. if the trustee in my case tries to get it from me later, or asks why i spent it knowing i was going to file bk, i'm going to tell him that the president of the united states said i should spend it so i did.
    Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
    (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

I wouldn't spend it unless you need to. Then keep receipts to show what it went for specifically.

The Trustee could come up later and ask for it. Some districts they are taking them and others not I've heard. Better to hang onto it until you know for sure.
      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

I got a letter from my trustee today saying i had a phone conference scheduled and in big black print..that stimulus checks are being kept and to send the unsigned check to him:-( Darn it...
        04/25/08 Filed chap 7
        05/23/08 phone conference with trustee
        05/30/08 341 set
        07/29/08 Last day for objections

Comment

Gymbofeak - What state are you filing in? I can't even pay our regular bills this month without that check. Just filed Tuesday and thought I was getting my check today. Now I realize I am in the same boat as others who used turbotax. Won't get mine until the second mailing goes out. I guess it's true that "you reap what you sow", aarrggh.

Comment

Originally posted by soleprop View Post
            i'm in your same boat; i plan on buying car tires and dog food with mine. if the trustee in my case tries to get it from me later, or asks why i spent it knowing i was going to file bk, i'm going to tell him that the president of the united states said i should spend it so i did.

LMAO, I love that response, mind if I use it?

I think blaming the President should be a good enough reason for spending it, afterall he told us to stimulate the economy, not the creditors!
            Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Originally posted by Critty View Post
              Gymbofeak - What state are you filing in? I can't even pay our regular bills this month without that check. Just filed Tuesday and thought I was getting my check today. Now I realize I am in the same boat as others who used turbotax. Won't get mine until the second mailing goes out. I guess it's true that "you reap what you sow", aarrggh.
              critty - what is this about turbotax users? i filed using turbotax back in february - why should i or anyone else that did so have to wait? please fill me in .

and yeah justplaintired - you tell the trustees that you are a good american and you follow our leader - he's the one who wanted to give us this money, and he told us what to do with it. i don't want to create case law with any aspect of my bankruptcy, except maybe this one point.

Comment

I think we might all use the fact the President told us to spend it! I still have $6,000 in exempt household goods, so I think I just might spend my check....assuming I ever get it.
                It is my understanding if you used TurboTax and took an advance on your refund, you will be receiving your stimulus payment later. As far as I understand, it is only if you took the advance payment.

Comment

oh ok, no advance taken here. i'm #38 (last two digits). i wasn't really sweating it this week, but i will be next week. gotta put some shoes on the car, up the car ins. and well...pay my bk filing fee

anyway thanks for the heads up!!

Comment

I used turbotax with no advance, but used a 3rd party to pay the tax prep fees out of my refund, which causes the IRS to send a check rather than bank transfer.

Comment

Yeah it seems like if I had known about this stimulus check way back in Jan and what effect paying using my refund rather then my debit card, most definitely I would have used a card!

Now I wait til May 9th or so their site says to get mine mailed. My kids need a new wardrobe, suddenly they outgrew all their summer stuff!!
                      Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

Originally posted by soleprop View Post
                        now that's funny!

I like it,
                        ep
                        California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X