341 over, now what?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 over, now what?

I'm trying to stay busy so that I'm not obsessing over my case status on PACER (because it won't do me any good anyway), but what do I do now?
    Do I start cleaning up my credit report or is it too soon?

I know it's out of my hands unless something comes up with the Trustee's, but how often did you guys check PACER after the 341 and how long before I will hear an objection from the UST if any?
    Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
    341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
    Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Its probably sufficient to check it just once a week until close to the discharge date. They only update PACER once a day in the afternoon I think.

Discharge should be in about 60 days. I'm not sure how long it would be to hear from the UST.

I hope things go good
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Southernbelle, I too only checked PACER once a week post-341. It took about three weeks for the Determination of No Assets was posted (and it was posted with the date of the 341, go figure) and after that, I checked it maybe every two or three weeks when I remembered. I even missed my discharge -- didn't see it until a week later!

Once that Determination of No Assets is posted, then you're square with the UST and the trustee, and the only possible roadblock left is a creditor objection, as far as I know. As long as your case is open the UST could technically come back with something, but after that Determination is posted it becomes VERY unlikely.

Since you're not at all sure how this is going to work out because of the unusual features of your case, it might be useful to set a couple of days a week to check it -- Tuesday and Friday, perhaps -- and then make yourself leave it alone the rest of the time. It's not that checking PACER is bad; it's that the act itself can keep your anxiety level up when it would otherwise be subsiding, by keeping your nose rubbed in business you can't do a thing about until/unless something specific occurs. When emotionally you've been on DEFCON 5, and then suddenly there's nothing, it can be a very hard transition, which is why I bring this up. Another schedule may work better for you than the one I mentioned, but the idea is to *let it go* to the best of your ability until something actually does occur, good or bad. This lets your emotions and stress hormones and all that come back down naturally.

If you already are aware of all this, my apologies. I just don't want anyone to suffer more than they absolutely have to... Good luck!!!
      Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

Well said, Fresh. It is hard going to the nothing showing/happening stage. Especially after dealing with an attorney we had to watch like a hawk and catch his mistakes, nonfilings, etc.

The only other thing I would add, is to make sure you've done your post-filing debtor ed. I've not followed your progress Southernbelle in detail, so I don't recall if you've done that yet or not.

Comment

I wasn't sure if it was recommended to check Pacer or people just did it.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X