top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

4 Weeks Since 341 Meeting and No Official Trustee Statement??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

4 Weeks Since 341 Meeting and No Official Trustee Statement??

My 341 Meeting took place on 4/14 (went well and was over in just a few minutes). The Trustee filed his "Meeting Minutes" on 4/16 (this is a non-viewable document on Pacer). It has been almost 4 weeks since my 341 and no official statement has been issued/filed by the US Trustee stating his conclusion of the 341. Pacer shows no activity since 4/16. The last day for objections is 6/13.

Should I be concerned?

No news might be good news. If you filed a Chapter 7, the first news that you'll get is a determination that there are no assetts. The no assetts determination usually comes out one month after your 341 hearing, so if you had your hearing on 4/14 start watching Pacer on or a little after the 14th. This of course also depends on the volume of filers that the trustees/court have to work on. Remember the words "approximately after" - which could mean anything/anytime.

Comment

I had the no asset determination on my case show up on pacer the day after my 341.
      Filed Chapter 7 Feb 25, 2008
      341 Meeting April 3, 2008
      Last date for Objections June 2, 2008

Comment

Heather, as always no news is good news. As long as the date sticks on 4/16 you are fine. If it changes then watch to see what updated notes/docs are there.

Good luck!
        Filed: 01/23/08
        341 Meeting: 02/29/08
        Discharged: 04/30/08
        Closed: 05/12/08

Comment

Heather, if I recall correctly, it took my trustee over three weeks after my 341 to file a Determination of No Assets on PACER... and then when it did show up, it was dated the day after my 341. Go figure.

I don't think you have anything to worry about yet, to be honest...
          Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

Like the others are saying, don't panic. Some trustees don't enter it until just prior to discharge. In this case no news is good news
            May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
            July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
            September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

I would echo what the others have said. One of the things I did to help ease my mind while waitiing, was look at a few of the cases that also had their 341 when we had ours. Their determinination showed up the same day as ours. It let me know there wasn't anything "special" about the way our case was going/not going.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X