top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member of the 60 day club...it feels great!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member of the 60 day club...it feels great!!

Had my 341 meeting today, after MUCH nervousness.

We got there about an hour earlier than need be...but that was okay. I got to watch our trustee in action. After a few meetings, I realized that she was wickedly smart and didn't miss a beat.

She grilled people for what seemed like forever over how much their balance was in their checking account the day they filed. They listed a few bucks and she wanted to see statements.

She asked people where their tax return $$ went and when their answer wasn't sufficient enough she requested bank statements.

Finally, it was our turn...and it went GREAT!!! She asked us the standard questions..and that was it!!

She asked us if we wanted to keep our house and we said yes. She said "so you drive a 98 chevy and an 03 Escalade"....I sheepishly looked at her, somewhat embarrassed by my vehicle....and said "yes"...she looked at me and went "What does it cost to fill that sucker?" I nearly fainted with relief!! She wasn't judging us by what I drive!

Other 341 meetings ahead of us took an average of 10-15 minutes....ours took 3 tops.

The only thing that needs to be done is to file my maiden name with the court. Somehow my attorney missed that.

I FEEL AWESOME!!!! I am SOOOO excited to be a member of the 60 day club!! WOO HOO!!!!
    Filed Chapter 7: 3-22-08
    341 Meeting: 5-15-08 It went great!!!
    Last day for objections: 7-14-08
    Discharged and Closed: 7-21-08

Big congratulations!!! It is all down hill from here!!
    Filed!!04/23/2008[X] 341 5/27/2008[X]Converted to asset case 5/26/2008 [X]
    DISCHARGE 08/12/2008[X]
    Converted to NO Asset case 12/15/2008[X]
    Closed 12/16/2008 [X]:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

Congratulations!!!! I'm so glad your meeting went smoothly! I hope the 60 days flies by!!
      Yo ho, Yo ho, a pirates life for me
      Discharged 9/1/04

Comment

Welcome to the club! Congratulations!

Comment

I'm SOOOOOOO glad it worked out for you!!!! Now it's on to your discharge... good luck!!!

P.S. I actually think I'd prefer a trustee who is wickedly smart -- if she knows how to spot evasions, then pure honesty and openness should be equally evident.
          Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

Congratulations!
            May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
            July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
            September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

I'm so glad it went smoothly for you. Congrats!
              8/5/08 - Filed Chapter 7
              9/10/08 - 341 Meeting - It went great
              11/10/08 - Last day for Objections
              11/12/08 - Discharged & Closed!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X