top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Filed, Then received ambulance bill from 11 months ago....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed, Then received ambulance bill from 11 months ago....

The bill is for waaaaaaaaaaaay more than my insurance would ever pay. $578.00. Insurance sent me a check in December for $138.00 with an apology for delay in payment. There was no mention of what it was for and after calling the insurance company I was told it was sent to me as a courtesy. They did NOT tell me that it was for the ambulance service. So I held onto it for 2 months and then cashed it. I admit I thought it was weird but I had no idea who,what,when etc.. this might be for. It was made out to me even.
    Fast forward to June 10th....
    I receive a nasty letter from a volunteer ambulance service that I had take my son to the emergency room last year. Apparently the are NOT completely volunteer (bill came from out of town med-biller who is as rude as can be). They have a note on my account that the insurance company sent me a check for $138. and that it was cashed. I did not deny it but I honestly had no idea why I would get a check. Was I supposed to rip it up and throw it out? Its been almost 7 months since the check and 11 months since the ambulance service.

The kids have state sponsored health insurance so I never get bills...or see statements from anyone.

My question is.. I am just so sick of dealing with this nasty rotten rude woman. Can I just send her a copy of my BK paper showing the filing and keep my fingers crossed they leave me alone. I filed a no asset 7 and the odds of their being any assets are about 0%.

What do you think? They are not on my matrix.
    I am afraid to send the $138 as they are now trying to charge me the full 'volunteer price' of $578.
    Last edited by momof5; 06-16-2008, 01:07 PM.
    5/29 Filed 7~ 341-on 6/24
    8/27-DISCHARGED
    11/2 - CLOSED
    EQ-604 EX-605 TU-560 ~4.5 months after discharge

Amend the filing to include this creditor.

Comment

Originally posted by keepmine View Post
      Amend the filing to include this creditor.
      Its $200 to amend the filing.

If I am discharged with a no asset 7 will it really matter?
      Last edited by momof5; 06-16-2008, 08:53 AM.
      8/27-DISCHARGED
      11/2 - CLOSED

Comment

First off, cashing a check you don't know what it is for is not a good idea.

Second, I would amend as keepmine said or if you are a no asset I would let it go and discharge. Why would it cost 200$ to amend?

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
          First off, cashing a check you don't know what it is for is not a good idea.

Second, I would amend as keepmine said or if you are a no asset I would let it go and discharge. Why would it cost 200$ to amend?
          I did contact the insurance company and was told it was a courtesy payment. They could not tell me exactly why they sent me a courtesy payment but did confirm that I was the intended recipient. If I had waited any longer the check would have been no good. Expired 60 days from date of issuance. So in this case cashing the check was a good idea.

The attorney charges $200 to add additional creditors after filing. I believe this is common practice.
          8/27-DISCHARGED
          11/2 - CLOSED

Comment

My attorney told us if we had to amend, it wouldn't be that much. You can also do it yourself.

Originally posted by momof5 View Post
            I did contact the insurance company and was told it was a courtesy payment. They could not tell me exactly why they sent me a courtesy payment but did confirm that I was the intended recipient. If I had waited any longer the check would have been no good. Expired 60 days from date of issuance. So in this case cashing the check was a good idea.

The attorney charges $200 to add additional creditors after filing. I believe this is common practice.
            Last edited by Cali; 06-16-2008, 10:38 AM.

Comment

It only costs $26 fee to file an amendment yourself

Comment

Go to the BK clerks office and ask to ammend the filing to include the ambulance service. They should be able to walk you through it.

DB
                Chapter 7 filed 3/31/08
                341 5/12/08
                Last day for objection 7/11/08
                AUTOMATIC ORDER DISCHARGING DEBTOR 7/15/08 :yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

It is insane that an attorney would charge $200 for this! The creditor matrix has to be typed in a courier 10 pitch font. It is so simple. You just type your name at the top, include your case number, and type in ammended. Use word or any other typing program.

Then skip a few lines and type the creditor.

Then go down and pay $26 and file it. The only thing different is that you will have to mail that creditor your bk notice of filing yourself which should be done via certified mail. Unless your court will do it but I doubt it. And they will tell you exactly what to do.

Don't leave them out - better to be safe than sorry!
                  Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
                  341 July 1, 2008
                  Discharged September 4, 2008
                  Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X