Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Request for Notice of Assets

Hello,

I've been lingering for months, so thanks to all the posters that have helped me through. Here is my issue. I filed in Feb 08, had my 341 in March and was scheduled to be discharged in May. I did not here anything from the Trustee, nothing was entered into PACER and no objections were filed. Then yesterday I here from my attorney that a "request for Notice of Assets" was filed. I have tried to look this up on the internet, and have come across a couple of things here, but I am very confused.

I thought the Trustee only had 30 days to "contest" my schedules and most definitely only had until the discharge date. It appears that they are now going after my Mother-in-Law for a preferencial payment last year; but if they have known about it since recieving our documents how can they wait until AFTER our discharge is scheduled to do this?

I am assuming that this will make ours an asset case, but it is ridiculous because the only folks who will get money are the Trustee (as attorney for the avoidance), our attorney (priority lien) and maybe the IRS. If they split it among all creditors it would be such a nominal amount it wouldn't be worth printing the checks...

Also, we had made large payments to our CC companies, way over the $600, during the same time (and in the 90 days prior to filing); so why aren't they going after them?

I was just settling into the "no news is good news" comfort zone and now I feel like I will be under the gun of this for months more. If they can't even look at my paperwork for 4 months, imagine how long it will take them to administer any assets (no matter how small). I am also greatly disapointed that the Trustee will make more then $1,000 to recover (it seems like they are set up to take advantage of the debtor in order to get paid)

Well, enough babble. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Did the Trustee file a motion for an extension before?

It is not uncommon that they file an extension to give themselves 60 more days if they suspect assets? That would have delayed discharge and thus make it legal for him to go after it.

What advice did your lawyer give for it?
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

341 Feb 7th. Converted to asset case, then I have 5K of settlement for insider payment of our god-daughter who has helped us through bad times. She is not a blood or marriage relative, but a dear close freind as if our own daughter. The was way after 90 days. So my bk is a bk from hell. I release my lawyer and wrote the Trustee's attorney who interview as to what the money on a Morgage Deed we sold to survive went. It went to pay my son-in-law 1200 bucks he loaned us and 4500 god-daughter loaned us to live on and keep the lights on. I settled at 450 a month on our assets but I don't know how I can pay that much more. I do get an annuity every year as retirement funds in a lump and asked if they could wait till the turn of year. Too soon to know. 'Hub
      If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

JR Scott,

No motion for extention prior to discharge date.

My lawyer is out of town until Monday. I will update once I speak to him. Just frustrated with the fact that I have followed every rule; request and timeline but apparently they don't matter for anyone else.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X