Where to list apartment lease early termination fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to list apartment lease early termination fee

I'm filing ch. 7 pro se. I owe 2 months rent for breaking an apartment lease early about a year ago. Do I list this under Schedule G "Executory Contracts & Unexpired Leases" or Schedule F "Unsecured Non-Priority Claims"

Also, can I include a traffic violation on my BK. If so, do I list it under Schedule E or Schedule F.

Thanks for the help!

Showtime, personally I would list it on Schedule F. Schedule G is for current obligations, but since you broke the lease and (I assume) have no further business with them apart from the early termination fee there would be no reason to list it.

The traffic violation, well, that can be tricky. If there was alcohol or other substance use involved, or there's any question about it, definitely see an atty. But if it's a regular violation (parking, speeding, etc.) that did not result in injury to anyone else, Schedule F is the place for that.

Good luck!!!
    Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X