Clear All

Credit union filed a claim..i dont understand

I do not understand

We filed chap 7, have 2 car loans with a credit union
    ONE loan is a totaled car loan we owe $1,900
    the Other is my car i drive our payments are up to date
    I owe 13k value is 14k ( on a good day)

So the credit union filed a claim
    does this mean if there is moeney to be handed out, they now have their hand in their pot

OR does this mean they want the car?

OR will they try to sue?

thanx
    Filed Chap 7

Jerzey, is your Ch7 an asset or a no-asset case? If it's an asset case, and you have non-exempt belongings that the trustee can seize and sell, creditors are instructed to file claims regardless of how much the assets are worth. They may or may not get anything, but they are still instructed to file a claim.

If you look at the bankruptcy notice you were mailed by the court -- it's the same one all your creditors got -- you will see where it clearly tells the creditors to file a claim (or NOT file a claim, if yours is a non-asset Ch7). If they filed a claim and the notice clearly said NOT to file a claim, they're out of luck anyway.

Hope this helps. Good luck!!!
    Nolo Press book on filing Chapter 7, there are others too. (I have no affiliation with Nolo Press; just a happy customer.) Best wishes to you!

Comment

If your an asset case like Fresh says this is an attempt to collect most likely the totaled cars amount. It is unlikely they'd get all of it but are probably trying to get some piece of the pie.
      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

as far as an assest or non assest IDK
        thanx to both of you

it seems like i was hoping they just have their hand in the pot in case money shows up
        Filed Chap 7

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X