341 Over!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Over!

Had my 341 meeting this morning. The trustee just went through the basic questions, nothing very probing. Didn't ask about my tax return, or our stimulus check.

I filed "married filing single" and he asked briefly about that (WI is a community property state) Specifically he only asked about the house, which was purchased in my name only before we were married.

He asked if my husbands possessions were included in my list of assets (they were). He didn't ask anything about either of our cars (both paid in full, both purchased while we were single)

Best of all, he didn't question my household of four. My stepdaughters live with us half-time, and I was afraid that they wouldn't count as part of my household since I was filing single. All he asked was confirmation of what was on the paperwork for household.

My lawyer stated the only thing I have left to do is take the second class... reading on here though, it sounds like they could probe a bit more into my case. But, since I have a household of four, I pass the means test, so that should mean less probing, yes? I hope?

I'm just glad it's OVER. No continuance, no digging for more documents (the cases I watched (I got there plenty early thanks to tips from this board!) were all extended, if documentation was not provided in a timely manner) I'm discharging about $25K in debt, so I'm hoping that's a small enough amount to be off the radar, especially having passed the means test. But maybe that's just wishful thinking on my part...

Thanks everyone! Having this resource really helps!
    Filed 6/10/08

341 meeting July 14th - all went well!

Congrats and good luck.
    Last edited by Cali; 07-14-2008, 09:59 AM.

Comment

so - you listed your husband's sole & separate property on your list of assets?

I'm just curious because I did not list my husbands sole & separate property on mine (not knowing I had to). Or were they his assets that had been acquired during marriage?

(congrats! btw)
      Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
      341 July 1, 2008
      Discharged September 4, 2008
      Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Comment

Congrats - I would hate for anyone to have to suffer through it a second time with a continuance. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by danaf View Post
          so - you listed your husband's sole & separate property on your list of assets?

I'm just curious because I did not list my husbands sole & separate property on mine (not knowing I had to). Or were they his assets that had been acquired during marriage?

(congrats! btw)
          They're listed together as one list, and yes some of it is his sole and separate property. LawyerMan knew the trustee would ask, so we included everything just to be on the safe side. Some of it was acquired post-marriage, but certainly not all of it.

Thanks!
          Filed 6/10/08

Comment

So then you had to use exemptions for one person to cover both your property & your husbands?... That hardly seems fair since only one was filing. I wouldn't have been able to cover everything if I had listed his sole & separate property in my assets.

Wow - I hope my case doesn't get dismissed because of this.
            Filed Chapter 7 Pro-Se May 29, 2008
            341 July 1, 2008
            Discharged September 4, 2008
            Closed November 10, 2008 :-)

Comment

Honestly I don't know the answer to that question. I just gave my lawyer a list of our assets and he did all the numbers I gave him my "garage sale" estimates, but he tweeked them. I'm pretty sure we used the federal exemptions however, since they were more generous.

I would think I would get the married exemption numbers, since they're counting his income and his assets. But please please please don't quote me on that. You'd have to check with a lawyer on that one in your case.
              Filed 6/10/08

Comment

Congratulations, Odie! I am glad it went so well for you and hope that it stays that way.
                "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congrats Odie! I'm glad your 341 was "smooth-sailing"...
                  May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                  May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                  May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                  9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X