Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1.5 Million Finally Filed After 1.2 Years

Hello everyone.

A quick thanks to all who have assisted me with all of my questions. I found this forum in May of 07 after my forst consult with an atty.

After so many posts and so many attys, I am finally filed as of last sunday night electronically.

Funny thing is....I don't feel any different. I barely want to tell the creditors who call that I actually filed. Weird I know.

A little about myself since I plan to post my trek of discharging 1.5 Million.

I'm in So Cal, I have a c-corp that has gone under. The debts for the corp were all personally guaranteed. (Reason I am filing). I am not reaffirming my house that has dep. $100k in six mos. Rental prop., or my car. 341 is next month.

Thanks again for all who helped with my questions.

congrats on filing - definitely want to read your story thread!! i'm assuming you did CH7?
    Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
    (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

Good luck to you!
      "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

This is going to be an interesting story. Curious... is the majority of the 1.5 mil business debt?

Good luck.

Comment

I really hope it doesn't become as interesting as it possibly can.

Majority biz debt; however, I have my home included for a discharge that I will ride through on. That is $570k alone.

Comment

Wow, you should me called Million Dollar Bill. Grats to you. I now feel like a pauper only owing 100K. 'Hub
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Good Luck Dollar Bill and congrats on finally filing!
              May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
              May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
              May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
              9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Congrats Million Dollar Baby! Proud of you.

ep
                California Bankruptcy Central

Comment

Cool - you shouldn't have to worry about the UST trying to dismiss under 702(b) (presumed abuse) since your debt is not "primarily consumer debt". Hope it's as boring as can be.

Comment

Great, Dollar Bill. I'm sure you were satisfied that it was "time" even though you didn't care about telling creditors.. I hope to hear more from you about your experience.
                    "You can never get enough of what you don't need to make you happy."
                    6/16/08: Attorney approached lenders to surrender old home
                    8/26/08: Met w/attorney RE: filing BK
                    9/29/08: Filing Chapter 7

Comment

Good deal Dollar Bill, best of luck to you.

Comment

Good Luck
                        May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
                        July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
                        September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Help! View Post
                          Cool - you shouldn't have to worry about the UST trying to dismiss under 702(b) (presumed abuse) since your debt is not "primarily consumer debt". Hope it's as boring as can be.
                          Ditto!!! Good luck to you.
                          Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
                          341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
                          Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

Thanks to all for the well wishes.

Southernbelle....Congrats on your discharge. I had no idea. Seemed fast to me.

Comment

Good luck Dollar Bill and as another poster said, here's hoping it's boring as he** with no bumps, no problems just a simple BK over with soon!
                              Filed Chapter 7 June 4 ~ 341 July 20 ~Last day of objections Sept 18~Discharged/Closed Sept 21

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X