What to do right after filing? (Nevada)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do right after filing? (Nevada)

I filed on Monday July 14th and was given a 341 meeting date of August 21.

What am I supposed to do next?
    Am I supposed to mail my income tax copy for last year to the Trustee?
    Or am I supposed to wait for the trustee to contact me & ask me for it?
    I thought I read something about something having to be done within 10 days of filing & I don't know if it's additional paperwork, copy of income tax or what? If I file, and then I show up at my 341, is there anything else I must do in order for things to go as planned?

Are there any special things that I need to do / not do to make sure my case remains active & everything continues smoothly?

Please help (today is July 23 and tomorrow would be 10 days from the July 14th filing date).

Also, if I do need to get those taxes to the trustee, would I mail them to her PO Box or should I try to contact the trustee & drop them off in person, or overnight them, or do I need to send with a signature receipt of some sort?

Thanks in advance,
    Starting_Over
    BK filed July 14, 2008
    341 scheduled for Aug 21, 2008

Did you give your attorney a copy of your tax return before you filed? If you did, I would think that it was sent in when you filed. If not, contact your attorney and ask.

TS

Comment

You just make sure you have all your paperwork that your attorney should have told you to take to the 341.

I just went on with my regular life until the time of my 341.

When I had my 341, the only thing asked from me was my ID and SS card.

Comment

I hope mine goes as smooth as that. Did you have a lot of debt to discharge?
        Filed: 7/17/08
        341 Meeting: 8/25/08
        Last Day of Objections: 10/24/08
        Discharged: 11/08

Comment

Over median by a lot and 162k debt.

Originally posted by catdance23 View Post
          I hope mine goes as smooth as that. Did you have a lot of debt to discharge?

Comment

Is there a website to go to and find out the median? I'm not sure if we are below or not. I know we were negative on the means test. Our CC debt is about $85K, house is $855K which we are giving up, and one car is $19K which we are reaffirming.
            Filed: 7/17/08
            341 Meeting: 8/25/08
            Last Day of Objections: 10/24/08
            Discharged: 11/08

Comment

Try this link: http://www.legalconsumer.com/
              You will have to enter your zip code and click Means Test Calculator at the top of the page and scroll down a bit, but it will give the Median for your state there.

Hope it helps.
              Filed Chapter 7 (Primarily Business Expenses) 04/10/2008 FICO 468 :cry:
              341 on 05/06/08:unsure:House appraisal on day 63:blink: 07/10/2008 Discharged-Asset Case!!!:yahoo:08/09 Transu 559, Equifax 636, Experian 647
              Case Closed 07/15/2009 :D:yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                I just went on with my regular life until the time of my 341.

When I had my 341, the only thing asked from me was my ID and SS card.
                Yep, me too. I was a bit nervous about that, since so many people here were planning to go loaded for bear, but all I was asked for was my SS card and driver's license.

I noticed at the 341 that although the trustee was very kind and respectful (even when one of the attorneys showed up half an hour late!) everyone filing pro se was questioned a bit more closely than those with an attorney. She didn't give anybody any grief, but she was pretty thorough about making sure they'd done their homework and really understood what they were doing.
                Filed chapter 7: June 9, 2008
                341 meeting: July 18, 2008
                last day for objections: September 16, 2008
                DISCHARGED September 18, 2008 - CLOSED September 29, 2008

Comment

Originally posted by WoodSprite View Post
                  I noticed at the 341 that although the trustee was very kind and respectful (even when one of the attorneys showed up half an hour late!) everyone filing pro se was questioned a bit more closely than those with an attorney. She didn't give anybody any grief, but she was pretty thorough about making sure they'd done their homework and really understood what they were doing.
                  good to know - thanks for sharing this!
                  Filed 7/28/08, Discharged 10/29/08
                  (filed pro se: nonconsumer no asset CH7)

Comment

Originally posted by starting_over View Post
                    I filed on Monday July 14th and was given a 341 meeting date of August 21.

What am I supposed to do next?
                    Am I supposed to mail my income tax copy for last year to the Trustee?
                    Or am I supposed to wait for the trustee to contact me & ask me for it?
                    I thought I read something about something having to be done within 10 days of filing & I don't know if it's additional paperwork, copy of income tax or what? If I file, and then I show up at my 341, is there anything else I must do in order for things to go as planned?

Are there any special things that I need to do / not do to make sure my case remains active & everything continues smoothly?

Please help (today is July 23 and tomorrow would be 10 days from the July 14th filing date).

Also, if I do need to get those taxes to the trustee, would I mail them to her PO Box or should I try to contact the trustee & drop them off in person, or overnight them, or do I need to send with a signature receipt of some sort?

Thanks in advance,
                    Starting_Over
                    You can get your debt management course out of the way while you are awaiting your 341. Dont want to forget about that.
                    pa308 (equifax fico 6-21 471) 594 on 3-09 671 7-09
                    filed ch7 6-12
                    341 7-25
                    Discharged and closed 9-24

Comment

WoodSprite - there weren't any pro-se filers at my 341.

Comment

Originally posted by Cali View Post
                        WoodSprite - there weren't any pro-se filers at my 341.
                        No kidding...it was about 50/50 at mine. I really felt sorry for the FOUR couples who were represented by the guy who didn't show up until half an hour into a proceeding that had already started half an hour late. I would have been frantic.

My attorney was fuming, telling stories about a 341 where a woman asked him if he could point out her attorney to her, since she'd never met him. Unbelievable.
                        Filed chapter 7: June 9, 2008
                        341 meeting: July 18, 2008
                        last day for objections: September 16, 2008
                        DISCHARGED September 18, 2008 - CLOSED September 29, 2008

Comment

There was an older lady in a wheelchair, who was filing. Her attorney told her the night before that she would be there. When it was her time to go see the trustee, no attorney. The attorney showed up at the very end of her questioning. The trustee told the lady filing that she should tell the attorney to refund whatever she charges a hour, because she wasn't there doing the job she was paid for.

My attorney wasn't at my 341. The firm has one specific guy they send to do the 341's and he was there. I never met him before that day. But all my paperwork was in order, great paralegal and attorney.

No kidding...it was about 50/50 at mine. I really felt sorry for the FOUR couples who were represented by the guy who didn't show up until half an hour into a proceeding that had already started half an hour late. I would have been frantic.

My attorney was fuming, telling stories about a 341 where a woman asked him if he could point out her attorney to her, since she'd never met him. Unbelievable.

Comment

Mine better show up, her office is right across the street! No excuses!
                            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

I don't have an attorney, that's why I asked if I should contact the Trustee via phone or mail ... or wait for them to contact me. I know I'm supposed to fill out this questionaire that was given to me the day I filed and supply it to the trustee at least 10 days before the 341. I think I"m also supposed to supply a copy of last years' tax return. Other than that I dont' know what else I might need to do, because I do not have an attorney.

Any other advice?

Much appreciated,
                              BK filed July 14, 2008
                              341 scheduled for Aug 21, 2008

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X